I understand that Southwest allow me to bring 1 carry-on luggage + 1 personal item. I'm planning to bring one backpack with my ukulele strap to one side, a small camera bag (Panasonic Lumix GF3) across my body or around my neck, and a paper bag filled with a few pairs of shoes (probably 2-3 pairs) in my hand. I was hoping to get away with it since Southwest's policy states that wearable articles of clothing does not count as carry-on, and my personal items are small and manageable. Will I be allowed to enter the boarding gate, or will I be confronted before boarding?
Southwest Airline Carry-on Policy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai car rental puzzle
- 2 Restaurant week in D.C.
- 3 door county
- 4 Driving from NJ to VA with 3 kids
- 5 Boston lodging
- 6 BWI car rental expensive
- 7 Christmas in Florida Where to Stay?
- 8 NYC Hop on Hop Off or not.
- 9 Hwy 1 Road Trip
- 10 Highline walk - where to start near Penn Station
- 11 Re-Visit DC
- 12 Badlands / Black Hills Trip Report (Warning: Long)
- 13 Chicago... How many days?
- 14 Exploring Some of Oregon and Washington
- 15 Big Sur Camping - which campground for first-timers?
- 16 San Diego - wher to stay
- 17 Where to Overnight North of Seattle?
- 18 Planning to drive through Death Valley on July 19
- 19 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 20 Prescott and surroundings
- 21 Nashville for 5 days with 10 yr old
- 22 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 23 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 24 The 45th and 46th State - Maine and Vermont!
- 25 LA to La Quinta restaurant/sight suggestions