I understand that Southwest allow me to bring 1 carry-on luggage + 1 personal item. I'm planning to bring one backpack with my ukulele strap to one side, a small camera bag (Panasonic Lumix GF3) across my body or around my neck, and a paper bag filled with a few pairs of shoes (probably 2-3 pairs) in my hand. I was hoping to get away with it since Southwest's policy states that wearable articles of clothing does not count as carry-on, and my personal items are small and manageable. Will I be allowed to enter the boarding gate, or will I be confronted before boarding?
Southwest Airline Carry-on Policy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 2 Hudson Valley vs Berkshires - weekend away
- 3 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 4 Upstate New York/Upper Hudson River Valley Weekend
- 5 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 6 Surviving in Yellowstone . . . Camping?
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Scenic Drive PhantomCanyon Road - Florissant to Canon City, CO
- 9 Family road trip Boise -> Grand Canyon. Need suggestions for side trips
- 10 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 11 Best Fried Chicken in Charleston
- 12 NYC play advice needed
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 3 nights in Nashville
- 15 Road Trip: U pick 'em - FLA to Yellowstone or FLA to Maine?
- 16 San Diego to Seattle
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 20 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Vacation for teens?
- 23 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 24 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 25 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report