My husband ,2 sons, 20 and 23 , and I will be arriving at the John Wayne Airport at 10am. on December 24th. We will be renting a car and heading over to stay at the Red Lion in Anaheim. I have booked it for 5 days,and then leaving on Saturday morning the 29th. and heading to Carlsbad to stay at La Costa Resort and Spa for 3 nights and leaving Tuesday morning to head towards Newport Beach to finish out our vacation, we fly home Jan. 4th.We wanted to go to Disneyland, California Adventure and to Universal Studios, and then Sea World in San Diego and possibly a drive to La Jolla while were staying at La Costa. My question is this, " Are we spending too much time in Anaheim? Should I cut the stay at the Red Lion and stay longer in Carlsbad/ San Diego area at the resort? We have never been to Southern California area. Thanks for any input you may have.
Southern California Itinerary over Christmas Question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 2 Zion the narrows
- 3 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 4 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 5 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 6 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 7 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 8 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 9 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 10 Advice on Roadtrip
- 11 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 12 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 13 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 14 cincinnati with kids
- 15 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 16 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 17 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 18 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 19 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 20 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 22 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 23 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 24 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 25 A short stay in LA...Trip Report