My husband ,2 sons, 20 and 23 , and I will be arriving at the John Wayne Airport at 10am. on December 24th. We will be renting a car and heading over to stay at the Red Lion in Anaheim. I have booked it for 5 days,and then leaving on Saturday morning the 29th. and heading to Carlsbad to stay at La Costa Resort and Spa for 3 nights and leaving Tuesday morning to head towards Newport Beach to finish out our vacation, we fly home Jan. 4th.We wanted to go to Disneyland, California Adventure and to Universal Studios, and then Sea World in San Diego and possibly a drive to La Jolla while were staying at La Costa. My question is this, " Are we spending too much time in Anaheim? Should I cut the stay at the Red Lion and stay longer in Carlsbad/ San Diego area at the resort? We have never been to Southern California area. Thanks for any input you may have.
Southern California Itinerary over Christmas Question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 4 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 5 Dining in D.C.
- 6 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 7 Jersey City Parking
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Washington DC Metro
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 13 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 14 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 15 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 16 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 17 Alaska cruise and land
- 18 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 19 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 22 NYC taxi vs car service
- 23 rain in Kauai
- 24 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 25 Hotel in Santa Barbara