My husband ,2 sons, 20 and 23 , and I will be arriving at the John Wayne Airport at 10am. on December 24th. We will be renting a car and heading over to stay at the Red Lion in Anaheim. I have booked it for 5 days,and then leaving on Saturday morning the 29th. and heading to Carlsbad to stay at La Costa Resort and Spa for 3 nights and leaving Tuesday morning to head towards Newport Beach to finish out our vacation, we fly home Jan. 4th.We wanted to go to Disneyland, California Adventure and to Universal Studios, and then Sea World in San Diego and possibly a drive to La Jolla while were staying at La Costa. My question is this, " Are we spending too much time in Anaheim? Should I cut the stay at the Red Lion and stay longer in Carlsbad/ San Diego area at the resort? We have never been to Southern California area. Thanks for any input you may have.
Southern California Itinerary over Christmas Question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September trip to Michigan
- 2 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 3 Road Trip
- 4 New York Yankee Station
- 5 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 6 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 9 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 10 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 11 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 12 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 13 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 14 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 15 Roads into Estes Park
- 16 Whale watching
- 17 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 18 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 19 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 20 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 21 Houston in September
- 22 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 23 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 24 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 25 New York City Restaurants