My husband ,2 sons, 20 and 23 , and I will be arriving at the John Wayne Airport at 10am. on December 24th. We will be renting a car and heading over to stay at the Red Lion in Anaheim. I have booked it for 5 days,and then leaving on Saturday morning the 29th. and heading to Carlsbad to stay at La Costa Resort and Spa for 3 nights and leaving Tuesday morning to head towards Newport Beach to finish out our vacation, we fly home Jan. 4th.We wanted to go to Disneyland, California Adventure and to Universal Studios, and then Sea World in San Diego and possibly a drive to La Jolla while were staying at La Costa. My question is this, " Are we spending too much time in Anaheim? Should I cut the stay at the Red Lion and stay longer in Carlsbad/ San Diego area at the resort? We have never been to Southern California area. Thanks for any input you may have.
Southern California Itinerary over Christmas Question
View all United States activity »
- 1 Savanah Sojourn
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 4 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 5 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 6 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 11 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 12 St. Augustine, Florida
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 15 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 16 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 17 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 20 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 21 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 22 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 PRIDE OF AMERICA