I just got a free ticket to D.C. flying into Reagan. I will have a twelve day stay, plenty of time to meander through all the museums. The 3-16 of Feb. I am wondering where to stay, my budget is 130.00 or under for hotel per night. I like the idea of having a car, because I have a knack for finding the out of the way untouristy things, but this is not absolute. How can I get around the safest way possible for a single women? Is the metro safe? How about walking to and from it? Any tips out there?
solo travel to D.C.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 6 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 7 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 8 new online travel network
- 9 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 10 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 11 USA with a 3 year old
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 14 Universal studios/Orlando
- 15 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 16 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 17 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 18 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 19 First family ski trip
- 20 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 21 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 25 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants