I just got a free ticket to D.C. flying into Reagan. I will have a twelve day stay, plenty of time to meander through all the museums. The 3-16 of Feb. I am wondering where to stay, my budget is 130.00 or under for hotel per night. I like the idea of having a car, because I have a knack for finding the out of the way untouristy things, but this is not absolute. How can I get around the safest way possible for a single women? Is the metro safe? How about walking to and from it? Any tips out there?
solo travel to D.C.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 2 Is the New York subway safe?
- 3 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 6 Skiing New Mexico
- 7 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 8 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 9 Where to from Tampa?
- 10 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 11 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 17 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 18 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 19 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 20 Chicago Questions
- 21 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 22 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 23 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 24 Chicago eateries downtown
- 25 Lake Rabun Hotel