We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MSN HELP NUMBER 1877-509-0415
- 2 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 3 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 4 Touring Hearst Castle
- 5 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 8 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 9 car rentals in San Diego
- 10 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 11 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 12 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 13 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 14 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 15 Angels Landing
- 16 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 17 First time visit to California
- 18 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 19 NY State Assembly Internship
- 20 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 21 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 22 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 23 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 24 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 25 San Francisco