We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 1 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 4 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 Apartment For Rent in Philadelphia
- 7 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 8 Warm and don't Drive
- 9 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 10 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 11 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 12 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 18 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 19 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 20 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 21 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 22 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 23 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January