We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami Marlins
- 2 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 3 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 4 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 5 Charleston, SC help
- 6 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 7 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 8 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 9 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 10 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 11 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 12 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 13 middlebury vt snow
- 14 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 15 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 16 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 17 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 18 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 19 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 20 Deep South sept 2015
- 21 Self guided White House tour
- 22 Northwest USA
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 25 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA