We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Itineray
- 2 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 5 Hotel in Reno
- 6 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 7 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 8 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 9 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 10 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 11 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 12 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 13 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 16 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 17 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Roadtrip July 2017
- 20 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 21 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 22 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 23 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 24 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 25 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater