We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 3 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 4 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 5 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 6 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 7 IAH to HOU Questions
- 8 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 9 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 10 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 Jazzfest side trips
- 13 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 14 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 17 San Francisco transit options
- 18 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 19 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 20 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 21 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 22 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 23 Great OR beach house locations?
- 24 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 25 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66