We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Active Vacation
- 4 Quick SoCal question
- 5 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 6 New England September
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 10 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 11 Tampa in February
- 12 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 13 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 14 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 15 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 16 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 17 NYC taxi vs car service
- 18 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 19 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 20 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 21 Austin Food Trucks
- 22 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 23 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 24 searching for urban master planned community
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?