We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (US) SET-UP HP PRINTER CONTACT Technical ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 HEPLINE!
- 2 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 3 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 4 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 5 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 6 Big Sur Help!!
- 7 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 11 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 12 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 13 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 14 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 17 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 18 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 19 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 20 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 21 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 22 Las Vegas trip report
- 23 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 24 10 Days in Maine
- 25 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls