We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rhode Island Get Away
- 2 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 3 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 4 Adirondacks trip repot
- 5 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 Carmel CA lodging
- 8 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 9 Driving CA 395
- 10 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 11 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 12 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 15 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 16 Maui and Kauai
- 17 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 18 Glacier National Park 2018
- 19 Hawaii wedding
- 20 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 21 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 22 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 23 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 24 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 25 sf Chinatown restaurant