We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape cod Labor Day
- 2 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 3 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 4 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 5 Arizona Classic Car Detailing
- 6 Luxury Car Detailing Scottsdale
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 10 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 11 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 12 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 13 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 16 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 17 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 18 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 19 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 20 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 21 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 22 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 23 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 24 US Open Tennis
- 25 Boston/New England late Sept. with children