We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 3 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 4 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 5 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 6 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 7 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 9 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 10 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 11 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 12 Vegas hotels for families
- 13 Hilton Midtown New York
- 14 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 15 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 16 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 17 new york plays
- 18 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Round trip from Chicago
- 25 Bob Denver... Where are you?