We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 2 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 3 Florida Family vacation in California
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 6 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 7 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 8 September Road Trip in New England
- 9 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 10 NYC with 8 yr old
- 11 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 12 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 13 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 14 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 15 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 16 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 17 San Francisco California
- 18 Miami and New Orleans
- 19 Louisville in December
- 20 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 21 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 22 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 23 United Nations tours
- 24 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 25 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva