We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 3 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 6 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 7 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 8 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 New Orleans help please
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 los angeles restaurants
- 17 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 18 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 19 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 23 NW Houston restaurant help
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 Restaurant in NYC advice