We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 2 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 3 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 7 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 8 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 9 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 10 Kennedy Space Center
- 11 Jersey City Parking
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 16 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 17 Asheville NC without a car
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Myrtle Beach
- 21 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 22 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 23 Colorado in the summer!
- 24 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown