We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 2 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 3 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 4 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 5 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 6 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 Middle America in October
- 11 New York City Christmas Trip
- 12 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 13 visit to HIghLine
- 14 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 15 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 16 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 17 Colorado Skiing
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 20 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 21 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 22 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 23 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 24 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 25 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?