We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 3 Arches Devils Garden
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 5 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Big Sure in June
- 11 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 best health clubs with lap pools
- 14 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 universal studios and disney
- 17 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 18 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 19 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 20 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 21 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 22 Savannah hotel
- 23 Utah National Parks visit
- 24 marriot cypress harbour
- 25 Hotel in Reno