We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 2 Kauai planning help
- 3 USA family tour
- 4 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 5 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 6 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 7 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 8 9-10 day trip to WA
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 11 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 12 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 13 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 14 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 15 California Trip
- 16 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 17 Need help nailing down the details
- 18 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 19 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 20 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 21 Turo?
- 22 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 23 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 24 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 25 Tohono Chul Tucson?