We happen to live pretty close to Seaside, Florida. We love everything about Seaside. It's close to the beach. You can rent bikes. Everything is within walking distance - restaurants, entertainment, shopping. Although it's geared towards tourists, it's a quieter vibe. No mini golf or t-shirt shops or arcades. We love that about it and often spend a lazy Saturday morning in the area.
What I'm looking for is something similar but a little farther from home - somewhere on the east coast of the US (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas). A small beach town where we can park our car (for the most part), rent bikes, shop, eat, and generally relax.
Any ideas? I'm tagging those four states (with apologies for the cross posts - mods please remove if I did the wrong thing).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Explainermojo
- 2 Hawaii and...where?
- 3 Christmas in Colorado
- 4 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 5 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 6 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 7 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 8 Marfa/Big Bend
- 9 usa roadtrip
- 10 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 11 DC Restaurants
- 12 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 13 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 14 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 15 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 16 JFK to Washington
- 17 Phoenix for the weekend
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 21 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 22 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 23 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas