I'm new to this forum, hope you guys can point me in the right direction.
Start March 23rd, I'm planning a week long family trip to the Skyline Driver and Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll be driving up from Jacksonville, FL. This trip will be relaxing, no hurry and if a week is not enough, we'll continue it some other time.
The only thing we would like to visit are a couple of winerys, caves, short hikes to waterfalls, popular landmarks. I would like this to be a trip the kids can enjoy. Maybe canoe or kayak, other activies for them.
If you were to do a trip like this, how would you do it? Can you recommend sites to visit? I'm just starting my research on the web.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 2 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 4 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 5 Traveling Alone
- 6 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 7 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 8 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 9 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 10 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 11 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 12 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 13 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 14 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 15 Arizona in late January
- 16 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 17 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 18 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 19 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 20 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 21 Las Vegas Vacation
- 22 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 23 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 24 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 25 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming