I'm new to this forum, hope you guys can point me in the right direction.
Start March 23rd, I'm planning a week long family trip to the Skyline Driver and Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll be driving up from Jacksonville, FL. This trip will be relaxing, no hurry and if a week is not enough, we'll continue it some other time.
The only thing we would like to visit are a couple of winerys, caves, short hikes to waterfalls, popular landmarks. I would like this to be a trip the kids can enjoy. Maybe canoe or kayak, other activies for them.
If you were to do a trip like this, how would you do it? Can you recommend sites to visit? I'm just starting my research on the web.
Thanks in advance,
Skyline Drive - Blue Ridge Parkway 03/23 - 03/30
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 3 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 4 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 7 Los Angeles day trips
- 8 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 9 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 10 trip advice from TN to TX
- 11 san diego or nearby area
- 12 middlebury vt snow
- 13 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 22 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 23 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 24 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter