I'm new to this forum, hope you guys can point me in the right direction.
Start March 23rd, I'm planning a week long family trip to the Skyline Driver and Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll be driving up from Jacksonville, FL. This trip will be relaxing, no hurry and if a week is not enough, we'll continue it some other time.
The only thing we would like to visit are a couple of winerys, caves, short hikes to waterfalls, popular landmarks. I would like this to be a trip the kids can enjoy. Maybe canoe or kayak, other activies for them.
If you were to do a trip like this, how would you do it? Can you recommend sites to visit? I'm just starting my research on the web.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 2 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 5 Novel in Progress
- 6 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 7 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 8 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 9 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 10 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 11 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 12 Short Notice
- 13 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 14 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 15 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 16 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 17 Inn at Key West
- 18 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 21 Another Great DC Trip
- 22 Chicago 2017
- 23 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 24 arizona rte 66
- 25 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view