I'm new to this forum, hope you guys can point me in the right direction.
Start March 23rd, I'm planning a week long family trip to the Skyline Driver and Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll be driving up from Jacksonville, FL. This trip will be relaxing, no hurry and if a week is not enough, we'll continue it some other time.
The only thing we would like to visit are a couple of winerys, caves, short hikes to waterfalls, popular landmarks. I would like this to be a trip the kids can enjoy. Maybe canoe or kayak, other activies for them.
If you were to do a trip like this, how would you do it? Can you recommend sites to visit? I'm just starting my research on the web.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 2 Traveling with an infant
- 3 Relocating to Washington DC
- 4 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 5 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 6 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 7 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 8 Acadia National Park
- 9 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 10 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 11 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 12 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 From Newark to Manhattan
- 15 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 16 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 17 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 18 Monument Valley
- 19 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 20 driving RT 66
- 21 once in a lifetime
- 22 North California/South Oregon
- 23 Hotels Houston
- 24 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 25 Birthday vacation ideas