I would like some feedback on the following Itinerary:
Saturday 5th Nov Arrive in Savannah early am by train from overnight NY train - day sightseeing and overnight in Savannah.
Sunday 6th Nov Rent Car & Drive to Charleston & sights along the way
Monday 7th Nov Day in Charleston then onight train to Richmond
Tuesday 8th Nov Arrive 4:45 am - Day sightseeing - onight in RIchmond
Wed 9th Nov Charlettsville/Monticello, and allpoints to Lexington - BlueRidge Parkway from Lexington to Staunton - onight in Staunton
Thu 10th Nov Depart early - Staunton to DC via Skyline Drive - Arrive DC PM
- Any recommendations for hotel in Richmond / Staunton ?
The main reason for doing bits of the parkway & Skyline Drv is for the scenary, and hopefully there will be some fall leaves to view (depending on elevation?) Does anyone know how long it would take to get from Staunton (via waynsboro entrance to skyline drive) to Washington DC ? I could do a section of it, then take an exit onto the #81 & to DC that way - any thoughts on which part of the skyline would be the best?
Also, what are your thoughts on Lexington Vs Staunton Vs Harrisonberg
I have tried mapquest etc, but I cant seem to get any indication of travel times via parkway/skyline drive.
I realise you guys might think i am crazy, but here in Australia we are accustomed to driving great distances to get anywhere. It is the travel time that worries me, as we are allowed to travel at 70miles per hour on the highway over here, but I understand you are restricted to 55mph? Also, with the parkway/skyline distance isnt the issue, it is how long it takes to drive, which I cant seem to get any info on.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Savannah to RIchmond to DC via BlueRidge Parkway & Skyline Drive
- 1 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 4 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 5 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 8 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 11 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 12 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 17 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 18 Rockport, MA dining?
- 19 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 22 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 23 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast