We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 2 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 5 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 6 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 7 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 8 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 9 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 10 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 11 must see and do's in Maui?
- 12 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 13 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 14 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 15 New York City - apartment locations
- 16 Boston to see Sargent works
- 17 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 18 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 19 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 20 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 21 Girls' Getaway
- 22 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 23 Car Rental in Sedona
- 24 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 25 NYC hotel/July