We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 2 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 3 http://www.supplementsbag.com/nu-youth-cream/
- 4 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 5 Four Seasons Austin HALF-OFF
- 6 http://www.supplementsbag.com/dermavie/
- 7 http://topmuscleuptips.com/lumitact-g700-tactical-military-led-flashlight/
- 8 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 10 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 11 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 12 a tourist in DC this February
- 13 Springtime in Florida
- 14 Kings and Sequoia.
- 15 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 16 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 17 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 18 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 19 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 22 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 23 USA October 2016
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Redwood National Forest