We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in Manhattan
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 4 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 5 California & French Polynesia
- 6 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 7 American Honeymoon in March
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015