We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape cod and Acadia
- 2 San Diego Public Transportation
- 3 Coronado Ferry
- 4 Colorado trip
- 5 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 6 Yellowstone Dining
- 7 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 8 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 9 Things to do around New York
- 10 Savannah GA
- 11 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 12 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 13 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 14 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 15 Hotels near beach orange county
- 16 Daytona Beach and ??
- 17 DC - WW2 flyover
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 20 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 21 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 22 Alaska- Best tours
- 23 Grand Marais?
- 24 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report