We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 3 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 4 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 5 driving from LA to Portland
- 6 Places to stay in TX...?
- 7 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 8 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 9 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 10 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 11 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 12 Silverthorne
- 13 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 14 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 15 Highway 1 motels
- 16 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 17 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 18 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 19 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 20 San Antonio
- 21 11 days SE coast road trip
- 22 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 23 Getting around in NYC
- 24 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 25 Should I cancel Florida vacation?