We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 2 5 days in Colorado
- 3 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 6 40th in Key West
- 7 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 8 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 9 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 10 Downtown Chicago
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 13 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 14 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 15 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 16 What to do in San Diego
- 17 Nashville
- 18 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 19 Beaches in Florida
- 20 fort lauderdale
- 21 First Trip to Texas -
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 24 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 25 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP