We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 2 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 3 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 4 Seattle Ho
- 5 blue ridge parkway?
- 6 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 7 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 8 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 9 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 10 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 13 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 14 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 15 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 16 First Trip to New Mexico
- 17 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 18 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 19 Southern history- walkable cities
- 20 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 21 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 22 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 23 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 24 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 25 Other Manhattan Hotels