We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips
- 3 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 4 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 5 Cashless Toll roads.
- 6 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 7 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 8 Summer 2016 with three Children
- 9 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 10 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 11 Florida Keys with my retriever
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 Help with driving East to West
- 15 taking home sand
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 17 Where to take big family on the beach?
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Broken Arrow
- 20 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 21 Champaigne, Illinois
- 22 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 23 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 24 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 25 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)