We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 best area to stay in san diego
- 2 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 3 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 4 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 5 layover
- 6 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 Two airports to choose from?
- 9 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 10 Road trip itinerary
- 11 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 12 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 13 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 14 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 17 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 18 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 19 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 20 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 21 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 22 Kayaking in Kauai
- 23 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 24 San Francisco - mid October
- 25 Burlington VT day trip