We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advise on route to Natchez from the coast and on my itinerary
- 2 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 3 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 4 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 5 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 6 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 7 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 8 Cape Cod
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 11 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 12 San Diego with Kids
- 13 Tour companies
- 14 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 15 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 16 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 17 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 18 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 19 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 20 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 21 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 22 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 23 Getting around the Big Island
- 24 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 25 best of yellowstone