We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 4 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 5 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 6 Las Vegas in March
- 7 Kauai Garden tours
- 8 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 9 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 10 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 11 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 12 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Vail, Aspen, or Park City?
- 14 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 15 Hana hotels in August
- 16 from Moab to Bryce
- 17 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 18 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 19 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 20 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 21 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 22 Berkshires
- 23 Spring Break in Charleston
- 24 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 25 Jersey Shore to NYC?