We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Want know highqualitybuy Valentines Day Gifts?
- 2 Charleston, SC help
- 3 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 4 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 5 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 6 middlebury vt snow
- 7 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 8 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 9 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 10 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 11 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 12 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 13 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 14 Deep South sept 2015
- 15 Self guided White House tour
- 16 Northwest USA
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 19 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 20 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 21 Portland, OR hotel question
- 22 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 23 san diego or nearby area
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 25 Texas