We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Call 1-855-749-1338 QuickBooks technical support phone number
- 2 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 3 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 4 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 5 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 6 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 7 Relocating to the Deep South
- 8 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 9 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 10 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 11 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 12 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 13 south west family trip itinerary
- 14 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 15 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 16 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 17 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 18 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 19 wasting time around JFK
- 20 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 21 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 22 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 23 SF Restaurant
- 24 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 25 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>