We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 5 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 6 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 7 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 8 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 9 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 10 Moving to Montana
- 11 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 12 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 13 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 14 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 15 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 16 Oregon Coast question
- 17 Savanah GA
- 18 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Colorado itinerary
- 23 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 Yellowstone NP planning questions