We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 2 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 3 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 4 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 5 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 6 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 9 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 10 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 11 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 12 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 13 Summer trip
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 16 Florida keys trip
- 17 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 18 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 21 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 22 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 23 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 24 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 25 SF special dinner for 70 birthday