I am returning to Utah for yet another wonderful visit this summer. I've been to Zion, Bryce, Arches, and Canyonlands. This year, I'd like to see Escalante/Grand Staircase. As usual, going to fly into Vegas and spend some time in my favorite place, Zion, for a few days. Here is where I need help. What is the best area to stay in for a visit to Escalante? What route and how far is Escalante from Springdale, UT? Are the drives and the hikes pretty isolated in Escalante? Should 3 women not venture out on their own???? Looks pretty, but we don't want to feel "alone" in the desert! Thanks!!!
Return to Utah - New Sites
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 3 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 4 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 5 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 11 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 12 culpepper
- 13 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 14 Chicago trip
- 15 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 16 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley