I am returning to Utah for yet another wonderful visit this summer. I've been to Zion, Bryce, Arches, and Canyonlands. This year, I'd like to see Escalante/Grand Staircase. As usual, going to fly into Vegas and spend some time in my favorite place, Zion, for a few days. Here is where I need help. What is the best area to stay in for a visit to Escalante? What route and how far is Escalante from Springdale, UT? Are the drives and the hikes pretty isolated in Escalante? Should 3 women not venture out on their own???? Looks pretty, but we don't want to feel "alone" in the desert! Thanks!!!
Return to Utah - New Sites
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 4 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 5 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 6 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 7 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 culpepper
- 10 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 11 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 12 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Pub with food in Seattle
- 16 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 17 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 20 Hotel near Miami airport
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 23 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 24 Our perfect day in Key West
- 25 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL