Hi, I'm taking the ferry to Newport on Aug.11, and apparently it docks at Perrotti Park there in Newport...question: is there a beach within walking distance to swim in? I'm dying to take a dip in the balmy August Atlantic Ocean (I'm from Oregon, where the beaches/ocean are undeniably gorgeous, but the h2O temp is frigid even in July...any other tips about what to do in the vicinity (keeping in mind we'll be car-less)?...Thanks much!!
Providence to Newport Ferry
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Weekend in NYC
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 8 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Washington DC in Spring?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 New York, New York...
- 16 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 17 trains in Europe
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 23 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals