We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Florida keys trip
- 4 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 5 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 6 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 7 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 8 Coffee in Boston?
- 9 Nashville Never Been
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 12 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 13 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 14 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 15 Traveling in winter
- 16 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 17 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 18 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 19 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 20 New orleans recs for family
- 21 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 22 Later Winter around Mobile
- 23 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO