We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 2 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 3 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 4 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 5 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 6 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 7 How many states have you been to?
- 8 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 9 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 10 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 11 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 12 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 13 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 14 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 17 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 18 Summer trip
- 19 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 20 Florida keys trip
- 21 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 22 Route Planning for East USA
- 23 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 24 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 25 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??