We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
PRIORITIES for first-time cruise to Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 4 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 5 Four days in DC
- 6 3 nights in Nashville
- 7 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 8 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 9 One Night at Logan Airport
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 Please help with itinerary
- 12 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 15 Backpacking in April
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 19 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 20 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 21 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 22 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 23 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 replica designer handbags