We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 2 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 3 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 4 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 5 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 6 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 7 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 8 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 9 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 10 Depot Bay OR
- 11 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 12 A June trip to Kauai
- 13 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 14 Across the United States by Train
- 15 Phone SIM
- 16 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 17 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 18 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 19 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 22 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 25 California's Central Coast