We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 4 Miami
- 5 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Driving Alaska
- 8 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 11 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 12 March in New Mexico
- 13 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 14 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 15 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?