We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
PRIORITIES for first-time cruise to Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 2 Key Largo, FL
- 3 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 4 Death Valley in June
- 5 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 11 San Diego grocery stores
- 12 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 13 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 West Coast Bound End of March
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 18 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 19 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 20 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 21 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 22 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 23 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 24 Best places to move to Florida?
- 25 Juneau May 8th