I am looking for some advise from all you Pacific Northwest natives/experts. We are looking to purchase land to build a house or a house already built for a vacation home in several areas with one being Port Townsend. All the realtors describe Kala Point as a "highly desirable" location but I have read quite the opposite on this forum but no one really explained why. Can someone explain why Kala Point is NOT so desirable as these realtors indicate? Your honesty is greatly appreciated since I have no clue why. If there are better areas to purchase, I would appreciate suggestions. I know there are many options around Port Townsend but I just don't know anything about them such as: Cape George, Upper/Lower Discovery Bay, Marrowstone Island, etc. and of course much more. Not considering Port Ludlow since someone pointed out about the building restrictions which can be a pain and just think it might be too retirement like for us being in our 40's with two young children. Again, don't know for sure, but that is what I have read. Any explanations and thoughts on these areas would be great. I must say I am favoring Whidbey Island, but I want to consider all my options.
Port Townsend/Kala Point and other areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 2 Is the New York subway safe?
- 3 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 4 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 5 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 8 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 9 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 10 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 11 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 12 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 13 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 14 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 15 Chicago Questions
- 16 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 17 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 18 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 19 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 20 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 21 Chicago eateries downtown
- 22 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 23 Where to from Tampa?
- 24 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 25 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II