I am looking for some advise from all you Pacific Northwest natives/experts. We are looking to purchase land to build a house or a house already built for a vacation home in several areas with one being Port Townsend. All the realtors describe Kala Point as a "highly desirable" location but I have read quite the opposite on this forum but no one really explained why. Can someone explain why Kala Point is NOT so desirable as these realtors indicate? Your honesty is greatly appreciated since I have no clue why. If there are better areas to purchase, I would appreciate suggestions. I know there are many options around Port Townsend but I just don't know anything about them such as: Cape George, Upper/Lower Discovery Bay, Marrowstone Island, etc. and of course much more. Not considering Port Ludlow since someone pointed out about the building restrictions which can be a pain and just think it might be too retirement like for us being in our 40's with two young children. Again, don't know for sure, but that is what I have read. Any explanations and thoughts on these areas would be great. I must say I am favoring Whidbey Island, but I want to consider all my options.
Port Townsend/Kala Point and other areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 3 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 4 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 5 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 9 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 10 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 11 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 12 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 13 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 14 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 25 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida