I am looking for some advise from all you Pacific Northwest natives/experts. We are looking to purchase land to build a house or a house already built for a vacation home in several areas with one being Port Townsend. All the realtors describe Kala Point as a "highly desirable" location but I have read quite the opposite on this forum but no one really explained why. Can someone explain why Kala Point is NOT so desirable as these realtors indicate? Your honesty is greatly appreciated since I have no clue why. If there are better areas to purchase, I would appreciate suggestions. I know there are many options around Port Townsend but I just don't know anything about them such as: Cape George, Upper/Lower Discovery Bay, Marrowstone Island, etc. and of course much more. Not considering Port Ludlow since someone pointed out about the building restrictions which can be a pain and just think it might be too retirement like for us being in our 40's with two young children. Again, don't know for sure, but that is what I have read. Any explanations and thoughts on these areas would be great. I must say I am favoring Whidbey Island, but I want to consider all my options.
Port Townsend/Kala Point and other areas
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013