I am looking for some advise from all you Pacific Northwest natives/experts. We are looking to purchase land to build a house or a house already built for a vacation home in several areas with one being Port Townsend. All the realtors describe Kala Point as a "highly desirable" location but I have read quite the opposite on this forum but no one really explained why. Can someone explain why Kala Point is NOT so desirable as these realtors indicate? Your honesty is greatly appreciated since I have no clue why. If there are better areas to purchase, I would appreciate suggestions. I know there are many options around Port Townsend but I just don't know anything about them such as: Cape George, Upper/Lower Discovery Bay, Marrowstone Island, etc. and of course much more. Not considering Port Ludlow since someone pointed out about the building restrictions which can be a pain and just think it might be too retirement like for us being in our 40's with two young children. Again, don't know for sure, but that is what I have read. Any explanations and thoughts on these areas would be great. I must say I am favoring Whidbey Island, but I want to consider all my options.
Port Townsend/Kala Point and other areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 4 united and carry-ons
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Cape Cod in early April
- 8 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 9 Backpacking in April
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 replica designer handbags
- 12 Portland Maine Hotels
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 17 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 21 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road