I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 2 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 3 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 4 How many states have you been to?
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 7 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 8 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 9 Florida keys trip
- 10 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 11 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 12 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 13 Skagway
- 14 Retiring in NM?
- 15 Chicago to Charleston
- 16 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 17 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 18 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 19 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Honeymoon out west.
- 23 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Utah National Parks visit