I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hello
- 2 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 3 Planning our Move
- 4 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 5 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 6 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 7 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 8 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 9 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 10 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 11 Hotel advise Chicago
- 12 Maui and Kauai
- 13 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 14 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 15 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 16 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 17 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 18 Trip to Cali
- 19 NYC Hotel Decision
- 20 NFL tickets
- 21 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 22 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 23 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 24 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 25 San Diego with teens in Februsry