I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 universal studios and disney
- 2 Santa Fe Itineray
- 3 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 4 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 5 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 6 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 7 Arches Devils Garden
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 10 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 11 Big Sure in June
- 12 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 13 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 14 Savannah hotel
- 15 Utah National Parks visit
- 16 marriot cypress harbour
- 17 Hotel in Reno
- 18 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 19 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 20 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 21 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 22 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 23 Retiring to Tucson
- 24 Trinity Site, NM
- 25 Moab Weekend with Kids