I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 2 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 3 5 days in Colorado
- 4 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 5 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 8 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 9 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 10 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 11 Safety Concerns
- 12 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 13 Sedona for a Month
- 14 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 15 Alaska -public transport
- 16 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 17 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 18 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 19 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 20 Southwest road trip
- 21 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 24 Alaska independent tour for group
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?