I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Austin
- 2 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 3 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 4 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 5 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 6 Austin TX restaurants
- 7 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 8 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 9 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 10 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 11 hotel in NYC
- 12 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 13 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 14 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 15 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 16 5 Days near Denver
- 17 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 18 Sonoma alley in May
- 19 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 20 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 21 Lake Champlain, VT
- 22 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 23 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 24 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 25 Beef on Weck in WNY