I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
- 1 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 2 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 3 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 4 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 5 Grand Canyon in March?
- 6 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 7 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 8 California Tour Groups?
- 9 Hotel near Public Theater
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 12 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 13 Warm and don't Drive
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 16 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 17 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 18 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 19 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 20 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 21 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 22 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 23 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 24 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 25 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon