I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 2 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 3 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 4 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 5 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 10 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 11 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 12 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 Montana- what are must see places?
- 15 California San Diego area lodging
- 16 Kauai Garden tours
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 19 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 22 Advice on Roadtrip
- 23 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 24 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 25 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch