I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 2 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 3 Hilton Head
- 4 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 7 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 8 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 9 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 10 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 11 Southern Road Trip
- 12 4 Days in LV
- 13 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 14 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 15 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 16 NYC hotel/July
- 17 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 18 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 19 First time visit to California
- 20 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 Must see places in Washington & Oregon
- 23 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 24 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 25 Chicago Outskirts Hotel