I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in LV
- 2 SF to Monterey to Yosemite
- 3 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 4 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 5 One day in Dallas
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 8 Biloxi Suggestions
- 9 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 10 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 11 Michigan advice needed
- 12 louisiana bayou
- 13 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 14 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 15 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 16 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 17 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 18 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 19 October in Colorado
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Yosemite Valley showers
- 22 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 23 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 24 LegoLand Florida
- 25 Casual dinner in the theater district