I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 3 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 4 Universal studios/Orlando
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 USA with a 3 year old
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle