I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
- 1 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 2 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 San Antonio
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Hotel near Public Theater
- 10 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 13 Oahu Information
- 14 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 22 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 23 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 24 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 25 RIP Judy Rogers