I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 2 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 3 Santa Barbara area
- 4 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 5 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 6 Boston in winter?
- 7 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 8 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 9 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 10 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 11 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 12 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 13 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 14 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 15 Subway to Peter Luger's?
- 16 Your voice for Airbnb is needed
- 17 Need advice for visiting Oahu.
- 18 NW Houston restaurant help
- 19 Dining in Manhattan
- 20 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 21 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 22 New Orleans
- 23 Where should I go that's warm this winter with my husband and baby?
- 24 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 25 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea