I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
- 1 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 2 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 3 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 4 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 5 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 6 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Hotel near Public Theater
- 9 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 10 Oahu Information
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 One day in Washington DC
- 13 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 18 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 19 San Antonio
- 20 hotel near Met NYC
- 21 Key West on NYE
- 22 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 23 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 24 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 25 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond