I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Will have five days in Savannah
- 2 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 3 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 4 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 5 New England in the fall
- 6 Our perfect day in Key West
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 9 Mesa Verde
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 12 Itinerary opinions
- 13 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 14 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 15 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 16 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 17 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 18 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 19 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 relocating travel
- 22 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 23 Seattle Hyatts
- 24 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?