I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 4 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 5 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 6 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 7 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 culpepper
- 11 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 12 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 13 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 16 Pub with food in Seattle
- 17 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 18 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 19 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 20 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 21 Hotel near Miami airport
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 24 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 25 Our perfect day in Key West