I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The LOUNGE - Fodor's dirty little secret society
- 2 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 3 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 4 Beach holiday with baby
- 5 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 6 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 7 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 8 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 9 Seattle hotels
- 10 Things to do around New York
- 11 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 12 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 13 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 17 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 18 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 19 USA Round trip 2018
- 20 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 21 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 22 Daytona Beach and ??
- 23 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 24 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 25 First visit in New Mexico