I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 2 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 3 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 4 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 5 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 6 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 7 can you help me plan a trip?
- 8 Seattle - newby questions
- 9 How to Get Gift Through Subscripton Box?
- 10 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 11 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 12 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 13 Restaurants Chicago June
- 14 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 15 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 16 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 17 tip for valet parking
- 18 New Orleans
- 19 California: Getty museum
- 20 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 21 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 22 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 25 Fun Home now on Broadway