I am taking two teens to Stanford in April. We are visting the campus and then plan to drive to Fishermans Wharf to hang for 2 nights, 1 full day and one early morning before we fly home to the great white north. I have a rental car and they are begging to get to a beach. Should we squeeze in a trip to the Santa Cruz boardwalk area (during Spring break!) before we leave Palo Alto, or should I go to FW first and then drive over the GG bridge and find them a beach that-a-ways? If yes, which one? Suggestions are welcome! Time is short due to expenses but we want to hit the highlights. I would prefer a short distance but a pretty drive and some redwoods thrown in would be an excellent (but not Muir Woods) bonus.
PS feel free to suggest driving routes to either or both I know there is google maps but you locals sure have the best advice. (easytraveler & Stu).
PSS some posts say your city is crawling with panhandlers which will bother the teens. We are not too sheltered and manage Chicago just fine but how bad is it really?
Palo Alto to San Franciso + a beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 West Maui Restaurants
- 3 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 4 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 San Diego Little Italy
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 10 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 13 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 14 Key West Hotel in January
- 15 Healdsburg tips
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 18 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 19 los angeles restaurants
- 20 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 21 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 22 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 23 Calf trip
- 24 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 25 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help