Can someone give me a comparison on two coal mine tours, Lackawanna near Scranton and Pioneer Tunnel near Ashland. we are planning to go to one of them and Scranton is a little out of the way but I was wondering if it is worth the trip. It seems to be a deep mine while the Pioneer is more of a lateral one. Has anyone been to both, or either for that matter? The weekend we are going is that of the Pocono 500! We are going to a show at Penns Peak and there is no where to stay there so we are branching out a little and trying to find something intersting to do on Sat. We could also go to Steamtown if we go to Scranton. Any advice would be appreaciated, thanks
Pa. mine tours
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 14 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 15 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Asheville NC without a car
- 23 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 24 Myrtle Beach
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State