Can someone give me a comparison on two coal mine tours, Lackawanna near Scranton and Pioneer Tunnel near Ashland. we are planning to go to one of them and Scranton is a little out of the way but I was wondering if it is worth the trip. It seems to be a deep mine while the Pioneer is more of a lateral one. Has anyone been to both, or either for that matter? The weekend we are going is that of the Pocono 500! We are going to a show at Penns Peak and there is no where to stay there so we are branching out a little and trying to find something intersting to do on Sat. We could also go to Steamtown if we go to Scranton. Any advice would be appreaciated, thanks
Pa. mine tours
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 3 Breckenridge in October
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Richmond highlights?
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 12 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 13 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 14 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 15 Must Eats
- 16 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 17 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 18 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 19 Florida St George's Island
- 20 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 21 Union Square area restaurant
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???