Can someone give me a comparison on two coal mine tours, Lackawanna near Scranton and Pioneer Tunnel near Ashland. we are planning to go to one of them and Scranton is a little out of the way but I was wondering if it is worth the trip. It seems to be a deep mine while the Pioneer is more of a lateral one. Has anyone been to both, or either for that matter? The weekend we are going is that of the Pocono 500! We are going to a show at Penns Peak and there is no where to stay there so we are branching out a little and trying to find something intersting to do on Sat. We could also go to Steamtown if we go to Scranton. Any advice would be appreaciated, thanks
Pa. mine tours
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas