Can someone give me a comparison on two coal mine tours, Lackawanna near Scranton and Pioneer Tunnel near Ashland. we are planning to go to one of them and Scranton is a little out of the way but I was wondering if it is worth the trip. It seems to be a deep mine while the Pioneer is more of a lateral one. Has anyone been to both, or either for that matter? The weekend we are going is that of the Pocono 500! We are going to a show at Penns Peak and there is no where to stay there so we are branching out a little and trying to find something intersting to do on Sat. We could also go to Steamtown if we go to Scranton. Any advice would be appreaciated, thanks
Pa. mine tours
View all United States activity »
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Hotel near Public Theater
- 4 California Tour Groups?
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 7 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 8 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 9 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 10 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 15 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 16 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 17 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Savanah Sojourn
- 22 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 23 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 24 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England