Can someone give me a comparison on two coal mine tours, Lackawanna near Scranton and Pioneer Tunnel near Ashland. we are planning to go to one of them and Scranton is a little out of the way but I was wondering if it is worth the trip. It seems to be a deep mine while the Pioneer is more of a lateral one. Has anyone been to both, or either for that matter? The weekend we are going is that of the Pocono 500! We are going to a show at Penns Peak and there is no where to stay there so we are branching out a little and trying to find something intersting to do on Sat. We could also go to Steamtown if we go to Scranton. Any advice would be appreaciated, thanks
Pa. mine tours
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 2 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 3 NBA tickets??
- 4 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 5 How to dress in Vegas
- 6 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 11 Orlando for Work
- 12 camaro hire in waikiki
- 13 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 14 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 15 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 16 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 17 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 18 charlotte
- 19 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 Sonoma or napa?
- 22 USA trip
- 23 Black Hills Trip Report
- 24 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 25 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?