I have been assigned the task of planning our extended family reunion. We are looking into the Ozarks as an option. Here are some of our details and limitations.
1. There are about 20 people going. Ages range from a couple of toddlers to a handful of teens to a bunch of mid-lifers, and then some older folks in their 70s.
2. One of older members has a heart and kidney condition, so access to a decent hospital is necessary (god forbid).
3. Looking to fish, waterski, relax, and just enjoy each others company.
4. Branson is not really our thing. We'd rather be in nature.
5. Preferably like a place where we can be in separate cabins by family, but have a communal place for dinners.
6. We want it to be nice, but don't need to break the bank. Some of us are better off than others and we don't want to burden anyone with expenses.
Anyone now of a good place with this type of setup? What part of the Ozarks would work best, especially with that need of a hospital?
Thanks in advance,
Ozarks Family Reunion options
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 4 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Family Camp in Maine
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 San Diego
- 18 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast