My wife and I along with our son who will be just over one year old will be traveling to Cleveland this August for the football hall of fame's induction weekend. I asked my wife if we could extend our vacation by then traveling to Chicago for a few days. She asked me to do some research before we commit to this. I was looking for a hotel in the city but I haven't been able to find a hotel for under $200 a night which would be way over budget. I started looking at some suburbs and found a reasonably priced hotel in Oakbrook Terrace about 20 miles out of the city. I'm getting nervous about doing this though because all I have read about the traffic getting in and out of the city as well as the high prices for parking around the city. I'm also quite overwhelmed about organizing what to do on what days while visiting. There seems like there is So much to do! Some things I would like to see/do include the zoo, aquarium, Willis tower, navy pier, children's museum, millennium park , cubs game, boat tour, field museum... (We would be in town 4/5 days.) We would pretty much just want to maximize our time in town.
Any help in getting my thoughts/plans organized would be appreciated so very much!
Overwhelmed planning a trip to Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 5 San Francisco - Anyone use Rover app for Muni tracking?
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 San Francisco itinerary help
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 Long Weekend Great Smoky Mountains, March 2014, Gatlinburg
- 11 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 12 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 14 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 17 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 18 Brooklyn why?
- 19 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 20 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 21 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 22 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint