My wife and I along with our son who will be just over one year old will be traveling to Cleveland this August for the football hall of fame's induction weekend. I asked my wife if we could extend our vacation by then traveling to Chicago for a few days. She asked me to do some research before we commit to this. I was looking for a hotel in the city but I haven't been able to find a hotel for under $200 a night which would be way over budget. I started looking at some suburbs and found a reasonably priced hotel in Oakbrook Terrace about 20 miles out of the city. I'm getting nervous about doing this though because all I have read about the traffic getting in and out of the city as well as the high prices for parking around the city. I'm also quite overwhelmed about organizing what to do on what days while visiting. There seems like there is So much to do! Some things I would like to see/do include the zoo, aquarium, Willis tower, navy pier, children's museum, millennium park , cubs game, boat tour, field museum... (We would be in town 4/5 days.) We would pretty much just want to maximize our time in town.
Any help in getting my thoughts/plans organized would be appreciated so very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you searching used car site?
- 2 Ideas for New York
- 3 Great OR beach house locations?
- 4 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 5 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 6 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 7 Honeymoon on PCH
- 8 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 11 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 12 No Spam this morning!!
- 13 San Francisco transit options
- 14 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 15 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 16 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 17 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 18 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 19 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 20 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 25 San Francisco food suggestions?