I'm supposed to fly into ABQ Friday, Dec. 2, arriving at 10:45 am. I see there's a big winter storm arriving in Northern NM today or tomorrow. I had been planning on going to Chimayo/Taos on Saturday and Los Alamos/Bandelier on Sunday. Does it sound like I will have to scrap those plans? I am not experienced in driving in snow and ice and my rental car will not have snow tires or chains.
Naturally, it appears weather has been really great in the weeks leading up to my eagerly anticipated trip. I sure hope I'm not stuck in a hotel all weekend. How good a job does the city/county/state do in removing snow in Santa Fe? I'll be staying in a hotel in the 3000 block of Cerrillos. I'd really like to putter around in the center of the historic area if I can't take my fields trips to the areas mentioned above.
My airline is not offering free changes, so if I wanted to move my trip to another weekend, I would be hit with increased fare, plus, the same thing could happen again next week or in the next couple of months of winter.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive family getaways
- 2 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 3 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 4 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 5 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 6 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 7 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 8 New York best app
- 9 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 10 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 11 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 12 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 13 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 14 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 15 Hawaii Cruise
- 16 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 17 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 18 kauai
- 19 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 20 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 21 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 22 First time to Alaska
- 23 Hawaii - where?
- 24 BBQ
- 25 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?