I'm supposed to fly into ABQ Friday, Dec. 2, arriving at 10:45 am. I see there's a big winter storm arriving in Northern NM today or tomorrow. I had been planning on going to Chimayo/Taos on Saturday and Los Alamos/Bandelier on Sunday. Does it sound like I will have to scrap those plans? I am not experienced in driving in snow and ice and my rental car will not have snow tires or chains.
Naturally, it appears weather has been really great in the weeks leading up to my eagerly anticipated trip. I sure hope I'm not stuck in a hotel all weekend. How good a job does the city/county/state do in removing snow in Santa Fe? I'll be staying in a hotel in the 3000 block of Cerrillos. I'd really like to putter around in the center of the historic area if I can't take my fields trips to the areas mentioned above.
My airline is not offering free changes, so if I wanted to move my trip to another weekend, I would be hit with increased fare, plus, the same thing could happen again next week or in the next couple of months of winter.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Short Oregon Trip
- 2 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 3 usa roadtrip
- 4 Hawaii and...where?
- 5 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 6 DC Restaurants
- 7 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 8 How much time in Badlands?
- 9 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 10 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 15 Christmas in Colorado
- 16 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 19 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 20 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 21 Marfa/Big Bend
- 22 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?