I'm supposed to fly into ABQ Friday, Dec. 2, arriving at 10:45 am. I see there's a big winter storm arriving in Northern NM today or tomorrow. I had been planning on going to Chimayo/Taos on Saturday and Los Alamos/Bandelier on Sunday. Does it sound like I will have to scrap those plans? I am not experienced in driving in snow and ice and my rental car will not have snow tires or chains.
Naturally, it appears weather has been really great in the weeks leading up to my eagerly anticipated trip. I sure hope I'm not stuck in a hotel all weekend. How good a job does the city/county/state do in removing snow in Santa Fe? I'll be staying in a hotel in the 3000 block of Cerrillos. I'd really like to putter around in the center of the historic area if I can't take my fields trips to the areas mentioned above.
My airline is not offering free changes, so if I wanted to move my trip to another weekend, I would be hit with increased fare, plus, the same thing could happen again next week or in the next couple of months of winter.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 2 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 3 New Orleans
- 4 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 5 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 6 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 7 Sonoma
- 8 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 Alaska cruise
- 11 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 12 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 13 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 14 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 15 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 16 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 19 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 20 AR State Parks
- 21 California Trip
- 22 101 closure
- 23 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 24 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 25 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth