I'm supposed to fly into ABQ Friday, Dec. 2, arriving at 10:45 am. I see there's a big winter storm arriving in Northern NM today or tomorrow. I had been planning on going to Chimayo/Taos on Saturday and Los Alamos/Bandelier on Sunday. Does it sound like I will have to scrap those plans? I am not experienced in driving in snow and ice and my rental car will not have snow tires or chains.
Naturally, it appears weather has been really great in the weeks leading up to my eagerly anticipated trip. I sure hope I'm not stuck in a hotel all weekend. How good a job does the city/county/state do in removing snow in Santa Fe? I'll be staying in a hotel in the 3000 block of Cerrillos. I'd really like to putter around in the center of the historic area if I can't take my fields trips to the areas mentioned above.
My airline is not offering free changes, so if I wanted to move my trip to another weekend, I would be hit with increased fare, plus, the same thing could happen again next week or in the next couple of months of winter.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 4 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 5 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 6 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 7 New Mexico in May
- 8 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 9 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 10 New Years Eve in NYC
- 11 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 14 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 15 Redwoods National Park
- 16 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 17 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 18 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 19 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 20 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 21 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 22 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 23 Traveling Alone
- 24 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 25 Christmas Dinner in NYC?