Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana- what are must see places?
- 2 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 3 Sea world San Diego
- 4 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 7 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 8 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 9 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 10 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 11 Maui - Haleakala
- 12 Small group dining in Napa area
- 13 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 14 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 15 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 16 Utah restaurants
- 17 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 18 Kauai Garden tours
- 19 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 20 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 21 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 22 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 23 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 24 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 25 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)