Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Denver in a half day
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle