Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 4 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Tucson area flooding
- 7 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 8 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 9 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 10 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 11 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 12 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 13 St. Simon, Georgia
- 14 Looking for Next Destination
- 15 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 16 Moving to New Jersey
- 17 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 18 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 19 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 20 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 21 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 22 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 23 West Coast Road Trip
- 24 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 25 Need Minnesota leaf color reports