Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 2 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 3 Road Tour in Usa
- 4 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 5 Where to find t shirts from Barney's and a fake Balenciaga purse?
- 6 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 7 Traveling with friends? Sharing your wallet?
- 8 Help! Lost/Stolen Wallet On Vacation -- How Can We Get Home??
- 9 New York City Fashionistas...hot handbags? No flames PLEASE!
- 10 So you love handbags!
- 11 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 12 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 13 replica designer handbags
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 16 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 17 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 18 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 19 Re-Visit DC
- 20 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 21 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 22 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 23 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 24 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 25 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami