Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 ONP help
- 3 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 4 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 5 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 8 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 9 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 10 California road trip
- 11 Seattle: Something Different?
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 13 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 14 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 17 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 18 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 19 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 20 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 21 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 22 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 23 Road Tour in Usa
- 24 So you love handbags!
- 25 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags