Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 2 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 3 Best places to stay on drive from Houston to Los Angeles
- 4 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 5 Philly
- 6 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 9 NYC IN AUGUST
- 10 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 14 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 15 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 16 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 17 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Santa Barbara, California
- 20 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 21 Fancy dining
- 22 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 23 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 24 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 25 Hotel near Miami airport