Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 camaro hire in waikiki
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 USA trip
- 6 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 9 How to dress in Vegas
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 13 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 14 Orlando for Work
- 15 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 16 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 17 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 18 NBA tickets??
- 19 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 20 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 21 charlotte
- 22 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 23 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 24 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report