Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 4 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 10 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Kennedy Space Center
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 19 Asheville NC without a car
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 Myrtle Beach
- 22 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 23 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.