Hello! My DH and I are taking our girls, 11 and 13, to Bar Harbor in late June/early July this year. The last time we went, in 2006, we stopped once at the Maine Diner in Wells for a quick meal but for the most part, we drove straight through. Now that they're older, we'd like some ideas about interesting stops between MA and ME to make on the way there and back...nothing that takes us too off course or will take more than 3 hours. Would be nice to combine a great breakfast or lunch in a funky or locally iconic setting (anything from well-known restaurants to lobster shacks) with a manageable downtown stroll or perhaps a quick lighthouse visit or pretty seaside walk. We could also consider staying overnight somewhere on the way home if the cost is reasonable and the location is somewhat along the road back to NJ. Thanks for your help!
NJ to Bar Harbor with young teens...places to stop along the way
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 2 Alaska restaurant prices
- 3 What's a good one-day tour from LasVegas to Bryce Canyon?
- 4 A few questions about going to Yellowstone
- 5 Shenandoah National Park
- 6 Fairmont or Paia Inn
- 7 Dallas - Fort Worth Airport Hotels
- 8 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 9 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 12 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 13 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 14 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 15 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 16 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 17 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 18 Itinerary Help - options.
- 19 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 20 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 21 Daytona Beach and ??
- 22 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 23 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 24 Hawaii is still Hell
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report