Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 2 Staying outside DC
- 3 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 4 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 5 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 6 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 9 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 10 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 11 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 12 Road trip
- 13 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 14 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 15 Getting married to a French man
- 16 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 17 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 18 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 19 Phantom Ranch and....
- 20 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 21 Where to visit
- 22 A Few Days in Asheville
- 23 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 24 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 25 Great OR beach house locations?