Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Miami trip planning
- 1 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 2 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 3 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 4 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 5 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 6 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 7 Biloxi questions again
- 8 San Antonio
- 9 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 10 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 11 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 12 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 13 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 14 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 17 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 20 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 21 Vero Beach FL
- 22 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 23 Question about Boulder area
- 24 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?