Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://supermusclesbuild.com/superior-test-x/
- 2 Sedona to Vegas
- 3 Broadway show tickets
- 4 Restaurants in DC
- 5 Hawk's
- 6 4th of July in Chicago
- 7 Oahu hotels
- 8 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 9 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 10 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 11 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 12 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 13 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 14 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 15 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 16 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 17 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 18 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 19 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 20 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 21 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 22 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 23 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 24 BYOB in New York City
- 25 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.