Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Miami trip planning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 2 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 3 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 6 New England in the fall
- 7 NYC Clubs for live music
- 8 relocating travel
- 9 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 10 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 17 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 18 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 19 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 20 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 21 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 24 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 25 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?