Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 2 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 3 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 4 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 5 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 10 days vacation in California
- 8 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 9 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 10 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 11 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 12 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 13 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 14 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 15 Utah National Parks visit
- 16 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 17 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 18 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 19 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 20 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 21 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 22 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 23 Hotel in Reno
- 24 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help