Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 2 FLL to Key West
- 3 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 4 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 7 road trip
- 8 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 9 New England Road Trip
- 10 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 11 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 12 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 13 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 14 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 15 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 16 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 17 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 18 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 19 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 22 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 23 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 24 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 25 Got error in dell printer 016-302