We will be visiting the Big Island in March and was hoping someone could point us in the right direction for lava viewing. We have 3 small children who would love to see this, but cannot do the hike. I thought there were some lookout points but not a clue where
they are at. We are staying in the captain cook area and plan on driving over for the day.
Lava viewing with little ones
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 2 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 3 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 4 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 5 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 6 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 7 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 10 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 11 San Francisco - mid October
- 12 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 13 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 14 Vegas hotels for families
- 15 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 16 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 17 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 18 San Diego with Kids
- 19 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 20 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 21 Transportation help in Philly
- 22 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 23 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 24 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 25 Temecula< CA