We have had a successful thread on where LA locals eat, so that visitors are not stuck with deep-fried beach food, Hard Rock Cafe or lousy chain food. The challenge in LA, though, is not what to eat but how to get there. So I am asking my fellow Angelenos, Southern Californians and survivors of the 10/405 interchange, "What are your tips for visitors to survive our legendary traffic? This can include shortcuts, things to avoid, alternatives to driving (with helpful links if you have them) and any other bright ideas you have.
How to drive like a local in Los Angeles
View all United States activity »
- 1 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 2 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 5 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 6 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 7 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 8 RIP Judy Rogers
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 11 Boston area
- 12 Savanah Sojourn
- 13 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 14 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 19 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 22 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 23 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 24 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 25 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!