We have had a successful thread on where LA locals eat, so that visitors are not stuck with deep-fried beach food, Hard Rock Cafe or lousy chain food. The challenge in LA, though, is not what to eat but how to get there. So I am asking my fellow Angelenos, Southern Californians and survivors of the 10/405 interchange, "What are your tips for visitors to survive our legendary traffic? This can include shortcuts, things to avoid, alternatives to driving (with helpful links if you have them) and any other bright ideas you have.
How to drive like a local in Los Angeles
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 14 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 15 Denver in a half day
- 16 First family ski trip
- 17 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 18 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 19 Oahu ideas
- 20 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 West Coast Bound End of March
- 24 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 25 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.