We have had a successful thread on where LA locals eat, so that visitors are not stuck with deep-fried beach food, Hard Rock Cafe or lousy chain food. The challenge in LA, though, is not what to eat but how to get there. So I am asking my fellow Angelenos, Southern Californians and survivors of the 10/405 interchange, "What are your tips for visitors to survive our legendary traffic? This can include shortcuts, things to avoid, alternatives to driving (with helpful links if you have them) and any other bright ideas you have.
How to drive like a local in Los Angeles
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 2 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 3 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 4 Looking for Next Destination
- 5 Worst Restaurants in America
- 6 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 7 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 8 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 9 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 10 Fall color yet?
- 11 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 12 New England in the fall
- 13 Yosemite Lodging
- 14 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 15 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 16 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 17 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 18 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 19 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 20 N California trip questions
- 21 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 22 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 23 Colorado aspen updates
- 24 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 25 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road