I need to take a quick trip to Houston. It's not a "vacation" and I only plan on being there for 2 days at the most. Is public transportation like taxis readily available at reasonable costs or is it best to just rent a car? Since I need to go to a specific place, I would like to use a taxi instead of other options. I would rent a car but even with GPS, I'm not sure about navigating the city like that...I understand that everything is sort of spread out there? Any advice?
Houston: Car Rental Or Not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 4 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 5 Universal studios/Orlando
- 6 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 7 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle