I need to take a quick trip to Houston. It's not a "vacation" and I only plan on being there for 2 days at the most. Is public transportation like taxis readily available at reasonable costs or is it best to just rent a car? Since I need to go to a specific place, I would like to use a taxi instead of other options. I would rent a car but even with GPS, I'm not sure about navigating the city like that...I understand that everything is sort of spread out there? Any advice?
Houston: Car Rental Or Not?
- 1 Help with NYC transit
- 2 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 3 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 4 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 5 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 Boston Area College Tour
- 8 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 9 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 10 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 11 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 14 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 D.C. in a day
- 17 Door County
- 18 10 Days in Maine
- 19 Using public transit in San Diego
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 22 A Visit to Charleston
- 23 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 24 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 25 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it