Looking to take a vacation with smaller children at the beginning of September. Would like to spend some time in California but also would love to visit Hawaii. We have about a week for our trip. Is it silly to try to do both or should we focus on one place? Where should we go and what should we do? We are very adventurous and love the outdoors. Would also like one day to be just a day at the beach. And whether it's in California or Hawaii, we would like to stay along the beach. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hawaii vs California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 Question about Miami travel
- 3 Salt Lake City
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 11 Locker at JFK
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 San Diego grocery stores
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Best places to move to Florida?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 18 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 West Coast Bound End of March