I am in the beginning process of planning a 12th anniversary vacation for myself and my husband. We will be flying out of DFW on March 7th, 2014 in the late afternoon or evening hours and we will be flying back to DFW on March 15, 2014 in the early morning hours. I am interested in a relaxing vacation, however we are interested in a little adventure. We have a budget of $6000 which will include airfare, hotel etc... Which island do you suggest would be best for first timers like ourselves who want to relax on the beach, enjoy some good food, and have a little adventure. I am wanting to avoid the tourist "traps" if that is possible. I want to avoid huge crowded beaches as well. Also if you can please suggest things to do on the island you suggest. I have been looking at things on gohawaii.com but I just can't seem to make up my mind, and with this being sort of a surprise I can't really go into a whole bunch of detail with my husband.
Hawaii Vacation Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 USA with a 3 year old
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Universal studios/Orlando
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Wedding venue in NH
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 22 San Diego parks and attractions
- 23 Alaska
- 24 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 25 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?