My wife and I are traveling to Boston on Sept . 10 , and after having a long overdue dinner with our niece we will drive down the next morning to the Maine coast and have 4 days to spend there , heading back to Boston on Sept.15.
We are looking for a town or village with a place to stay that would put us within a few hours of a few different picturesque destinations . Also we are not opposed to staying two nights in two different locations if it makes sense . We would like to be on or near the water and enjoy some casual sightseeing , a little shopping , maybe a winery or two , and hit some great restaurants. We are not big hikers ( knees and feet issues) and would like to keep it to a slower pace. It is a big birthday for my wife and we will also be celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary.
Is there somewhere that you would recommend that captures the flavor and spirit of coastal Maine ? I would really appreciate any help that could help us put together an itinerary for our short stay.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1-(800) 9272480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support number Intuit PRO number_G
- 2 1-(800) 9272480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support number Intuit PRO number_G
- 3 1-(800) 9272480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support number Intuit PRO number_G
- 4 Wilmington DE questions
- 5 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 6 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 8 Trip Funding
- 9 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 10 Mesa Verde question
- 11 Planning our Move
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 13 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 14 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 15 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 16 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 17 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 18 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 19 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 20 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 21 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 22 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 23 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 24 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 25 Hotel advise Chicago