My wife and I are traveling to Boston on Sept . 10 , and after having a long overdue dinner with our niece we will drive down the next morning to the Maine coast and have 4 days to spend there , heading back to Boston on Sept.15.
We are looking for a town or village with a place to stay that would put us within a few hours of a few different picturesque destinations . Also we are not opposed to staying two nights in two different locations if it makes sense . We would like to be on or near the water and enjoy some casual sightseeing , a little shopping , maybe a winery or two , and hit some great restaurants. We are not big hikers ( knees and feet issues) and would like to keep it to a slower pace. It is a big birthday for my wife and we will also be celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary.
Is there somewhere that you would recommend that captures the flavor and spirit of coastal Maine ? I would really appreciate any help that could help us put together an itinerary for our short stay.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Hotel
- 2 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 3 Missouri to Yellowstone
- 4 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 5 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 6 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 7 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 8 Mini Trip to Smithsonian Exhibits Facility
- 9 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 10 Venice, CA area
- 11 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 12 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 13 Wilmington DE questions
- 14 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 15 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 16 Road Trip - SF to Sonoma
- 17 Central California Coast Road Trip - Pismo Beach to Monterey
- 18 Palo Alto Transit Center To Facebook HQ
- 19 Vancouver to Washington State
- 20 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 21 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 22 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 23 New England Tour
- 24 Rhode Island Get Away
- 25 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?