We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 2 Las Vegas in March
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 5 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 6 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 7 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 8 Vail, Aspen, or Park City?
- 9 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 10 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 11 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 12 Hana hotels in August
- 13 from Moab to Bryce
- 14 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 15 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 16 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 17 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 18 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 19 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 20 Berkshires
- 21 Spring Break in Charleston
- 22 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 23 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 24 Hana question
- 25 Sea world San Diego