We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
- 1 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 2 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 3 hotel near Met NYC
- 4 Where should I move to?
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 St. Augustine, Florida
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Fripp island
- 11 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 14 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 15 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 16 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 17 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 18 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Hotel near Public Theater
- 22 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 23 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles