We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time, Best business class?
- 2 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 3 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 4 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 5 Kids Vacation Place
- 6 Desert Southwest
- 7 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 8 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 9 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 10 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 11 Boston waterfront Italian
- 12 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 13 US-Canada road trip help
- 14 What to pack
- 15 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 16 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 17 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 18 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 19 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 20 Mardi Gras
- 21 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 22 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 23 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 24 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 25 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!