We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California/Yosemite
- 2 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 3 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 4 San Fran
- 5 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 6 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 7 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 8 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 9 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 10 San Diego, mission valley
- 11 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 12 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 13 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 14 Sedona to Vegas
- 15 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 16 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 17 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 18 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 19 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 20 November redwoods trip
- 21 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 22 Seattle?
- 23 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 24 SF and northern California - October
- 25 grand canyon to santa fe in april?