We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
- 1 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 2 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 3 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 4 Hotels in New Orleans
- 5 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 6 Logan Express
- 7 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 8 One day in NYC
- 9 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 10 Great Beach's
- 11 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 12 Updates from Hanalei
- 13 National Parks?
- 14 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 15 Death Valley in November
- 16 Columbus food !
- 17 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 18 Blue ridge parkway
- 19 Minnesota State Fair
- 20 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 21 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 24 Fires in Colorado
- 25 Seattle in July