We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 2 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 3 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 4 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 5 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 6 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 7 Atlanta With Toddler
- 8 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 9 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 10 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 11 NYC For The Day
- 12 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 13 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 14 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 15 9-10 day trip to WA
- 16 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 17 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 18 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 19 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 20 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 21 Turo?
- 22 USA family tour
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 Kauai planning help
- 25 San Diego/La Jolla?