We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 2 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 3 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 6 Key West, FL
- 7 Mauna Kea with Children?
- 8 Another question about hawaii
- 9 2 day trip covering Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon starting from Phoenix
- 10 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 11 Broadway show tickets
- 12 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 15 Hiking and biking hotel options
- 16 BYOB in New York City
- 17 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 18 Chicago Cab
- 19 Restaurants in DC
- 20 4th of July in Chicago
- 21 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 22 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 23 Sedona to Vegas
- 24 Hawk's
- 25 Oahu hotels