We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 2 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 5 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 8 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 9 Mesa Verde
- 10 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 11 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 12 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 15 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 16 culpepper
- 17 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 18 Chicago trip
- 19 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 20 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 21 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 22 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Santa Barbara, California
- 25 3 days, 4 nights in Denver