We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 2 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Oahu ideas
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 7 San Diego grocery stores
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 West Coast Bound End of March
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 14 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 15 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 16 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 17 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 18 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 19 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Juneau May 8th
- 23 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles