We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 2 Mystic CT
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 5 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 6 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 7 Orlando - condoleances
- 8 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 9 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 10 1st trip to Colorado
- 11 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 14 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 15 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 16 Napa Valley Hotel
- 17 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 18 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 19 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 20 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 21 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 22 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 23 road trip during husbands bday
- 24 Trip Starting from New York
- 25 A day in Boston