We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 N0W : CHARTER CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 Recover Account Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 U.S : CONTACT PRINTER 1:800:681:7208 SETUP HP /EPSON TEC*H SUPPORT 24*7
- 3 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 4 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 5 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 6 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 7 Big Sur Help!!
- 8 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 9 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 10 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 11 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 12 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 13 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 14 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 15 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 16 Rules of the NY Subway
- 17 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 18 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 19 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 20 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 21 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 22 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 23 Las Vegas trip report
- 24 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 25 10 Days in Maine