We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 2 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas
- 3 Midway to U of Chicago
- 4 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 5 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 7 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 8 Summer trip
- 9 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 15 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 16 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 17 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 18 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 21 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 22 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 23 Florida keys trip
- 24 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 25 Route Planning for East USA