We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
- 1 Memphis Tours
- 2 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 3 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 Meredith New Hampshire
- 6 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 7 California, Northern
- 8 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 9 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 10 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 11 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 12 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 13 Seatlle, WA
- 14 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 15 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 16 Around North America (cruise)
- 17 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 18 Boston and surrounding area
- 19 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 20 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 21 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 22 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 23 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 24 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 25 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah