We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
- 1 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 2 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 3 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 4 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 5 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 6 Luxor Egypt
- 7 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 8 stay near newark or nyc
- 9 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 10 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 11 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed
- 12 Road Trip through the Florida Keys
- 13 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 14 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 15 New York City Parking
- 16 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 17 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 18 Brandywine Valley for one or 2 nights - museum suggestions please
- 19 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 20 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 21 Airport luggage tamparing
- 22 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 23 Newport, RI Questions
- 24 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 25 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested