We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 3 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 4 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 5 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 8 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 9 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 New Orleans help please
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 los angeles restaurants
- 18 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 19 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 20 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 21 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 22 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 23 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 24 NW Houston restaurant help
- 25 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary