We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 A day in Dallas
- 10 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 11 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 12 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 13 Door County Suggestions
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 16 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 17 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 18 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 23 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?