We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 2 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 3 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 4 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 5 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 6 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 7 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 9 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 10 Tucson area flooding
- 11 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 12 Boston suggestions
- 13 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 14 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 15 Ben Landa
- 16 4 week family trip ideas
- 17 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 18 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 19 Looking for Next Destination
- 20 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 21 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 22 West Coast Road Trip
- 23 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 24 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 25 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.