We are a family of 5 planning a trip to the west coast (US). We are looking at the summer of 2014 (kids will be 14, 12 and 9) and plan anything between 30-45 days. This is an initial request for information regarding the following:
1. How long in advance do you recommend to plan this trip (route, hotels, attractions etc')?
2. Any initial recommendations as for the route will be welcome (we want to start from Las Vegas and end in LA going through the traditional family routes.....). We are very flexible with the route and time.
3. Any recommendations as for the attractions on the way will be great to have as well.
Thanks for your help,
Eylon and Sonja (Austria)
Family trip - West Coast - USA - Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 3 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 4 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 5 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 6 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 moving to florida
- 9 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 10 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 14 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 15 Boston/Salem with kids
- 16 Connecticut River Byway
- 17 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 18 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 19 San Diego farmer's markets
- 20 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 21 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 22 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 23 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 24 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 25 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,