We are a family of 5 planning a trip to the west coast (US). We are looking at the summer of 2014 (kids will be 14, 12 and 9) and plan anything between 30-45 days. This is an initial request for information regarding the following:
1. How long in advance do you recommend to plan this trip (route, hotels, attractions etc')?
2. Any initial recommendations as for the route will be welcome (we want to start from Las Vegas and end in LA going through the traditional family routes.....). We are very flexible with the route and time.
3. Any recommendations as for the attractions on the way will be great to have as well.
Thanks for your help,
Eylon and Sonja (Austria)
Family trip - West Coast - USA - Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 2 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 3 Seattle: Something Different?
- 4 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 5 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 6 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 7 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 8 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 9 ONP help
- 10 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 11 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 12 California road trip
- 13 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 14 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 17 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 18 Berkshires in late October
- 19 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 20 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 21 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 22 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 23 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Mesa Verde