We are a family of 5 planning a trip to the west coast (US). We are looking at the summer of 2014 (kids will be 14, 12 and 9) and plan anything between 30-45 days. This is an initial request for information regarding the following:
1. How long in advance do you recommend to plan this trip (route, hotels, attractions etc')?
2. Any initial recommendations as for the route will be welcome (we want to start from Las Vegas and end in LA going through the traditional family routes.....). We are very flexible with the route and time.
3. Any recommendations as for the attractions on the way will be great to have as well.
Thanks for your help,
Eylon and Sonja (Austria)
Family trip - West Coast - USA - Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 4 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 6 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 7 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 8 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 11 Looking for a grave in Plattekill, NY
- 12 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 13 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 14 New York City-New Things?
- 15 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 16 Kid School Admission
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 19 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 20 Things to do in La Jolla
- 21 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 22 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 23 Minneapolis Parking
- 24 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 25 Romantic destination in the US