We are a family of 5 planning a trip to the west coast (US). We are looking at the summer of 2014 (kids will be 14, 12 and 9) and plan anything between 30-45 days. This is an initial request for information regarding the following:
1. How long in advance do you recommend to plan this trip (route, hotels, attractions etc')?
2. Any initial recommendations as for the route will be welcome (we want to start from Las Vegas and end in LA going through the traditional family routes.....). We are very flexible with the route and time.
3. Any recommendations as for the attractions on the way will be great to have as well.
Thanks for your help,
Eylon and Sonja (Austria)
Family trip - West Coast - USA - Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska Trip Planning
- 2 Southern Alabama trip report
- 3 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 4 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 5 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 6 Atlanta to LA
- 7 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 8 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 9 New York City-New Things?
- 10 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 13 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 16 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 17 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 18 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 19 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 20 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 21 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 22 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 23 new york subway help please
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco