We are a family of 5 planning a trip to the west coast (US). We are looking at the summer of 2014 (kids will be 14, 12 and 9) and plan anything between 30-45 days. This is an initial request for information regarding the following:
1. How long in advance do you recommend to plan this trip (route, hotels, attractions etc')?
2. Any initial recommendations as for the route will be welcome (we want to start from Las Vegas and end in LA going through the traditional family routes.....). We are very flexible with the route and time.
3. Any recommendations as for the attractions on the way will be great to have as well.
Thanks for your help,
Eylon and Sonja (Austria)
Family trip - West Coast - USA - Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 Do I need to buy tickets in advance for Chicago Art Institute?
- 3 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 5 best area to stay in san diego
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 9 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 10 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 11 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 12 Two airports to choose from?
- 13 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 14 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 15 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 16 San Francisco - mid October
- 17 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 18 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 19 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 20 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 21 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 22 layover
- 23 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 24 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 25 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?