I really appreciate all of your advice and recommendations. I'm kinda overwhelmed with too many suggestions. So googled and checked Tripadvisors and these are the things my family might be doing and interested in.
High Line Park.
Apple Store, SoHo.
FAO Schwarz toy store.
Statue of Liberty.
Empire State Building.
'Top Of The Rock' observation deck, Rockerfeller Plaza.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
American Museum of Natural History
The High Line
Philadelphia Museum of Art
Corning Museum of Glass
Empire State Building
Statue of Liberty
New York University
Grand Central Terminal
Top of the Rock
Liberty Bell Center
New York Stock Exchange
Brookly Bridge Park
National September 11 Memorial & Museum
Central Park Zoo
New England Aquarium
Staten Island Ferry
Ocean Drive, RI(Pictures of RI touristy spots are kinda similar to the images I have for Maine so if I'm not driving too far to north, I might be interested in checking out RI for sightseeing instead)
Rhode Island Bay Cruises
National Mall, DC
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
And we also wanna visit one national park or something similar to take in beautiful sights in addition to visit to RI if time allows but we won't do much of walking with two little kids. Just driving along and taking photos at view points.
Outlet mall and famous mall shopping, eating delicious food from time to time.
These are pretty much what my family wants to do on our trip this time.
I have already paid for a rental car, SUV and I have to drive wherever I go. Sometimes I might leave my SUV at a hotel but even in New York, walking with 2 little kids might be exhausting with carrying strollers up and down so on. So I'm planning to drive unless it's the stupidiest thing in the world. And since everybody says it's difficult to drive because of parking in New York and DC, I might finish cities sooner like instead of 4 days in New York, I might spend 3 days in New York and spend spare time in checking out National Parks or beautiful places like cliff walks and so on.
Am I thinking okay? And I don't want to start from DC and go farther away, I'd rather start from farthest point and get closer to DC where I need to catch a flight.
I really appreciate all your inputs and recommendations.
Thank you again. = ]
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland West Side Market
- 2 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 3 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 4 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 5 DC Metro to other sites?
- 6 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 7 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 8 DC Hotel location help
- 9 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 10 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 11 Dinosaur National Monument
- 12 Eastern Seaboard
- 13 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 14 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 15 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 16 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 17 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 19 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 20 Miami airport--safety??
- 21 Zurich airport connections
- 22 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 23 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 24 Recent Spam Attacks
- 25 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.