We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 3 Honeymoon on PCH
- 4 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 5 No Spam this morning!!
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 9 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 10 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 11 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 12 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 13 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 14 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 15 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 16 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 17 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 20 Help us choose a hotel
- 21 Magic Show
- 22 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 23 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017