We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 2 Retiring to Tucson
- 3 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 4 Hotel in Reno
- 5 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 6 Trinity Site, NM
- 7 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 8 Boston to Naples florida
- 9 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 10 North Carolina airports
- 11 best health clubs with lap pools
- 12 10 days vacation in California
- 13 Santa Fe Itineray
- 14 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 15 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 16 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 17 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 18 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 19 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 20 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 21 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 22 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 23 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 24 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 25 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"