We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 2 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 3 New Orleans Motel Question
- 4 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 5 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 6 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 7 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 8 Happy Hour
- 9 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 10 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 11 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 12 road trip Houston-NJ
- 13 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 14 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 15 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 16 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 Getting to Key West
- 19 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 22 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 23 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 25 Portsmouth NH to NYC