We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://getbodybuildingbuilder.com/megadrox-and-testadrox/
- 2 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/testorx/
- 3 Broadway show tickets
- 4 Restaurants in DC
- 5 Hawk's
- 6 4th of July in Chicago
- 7 Oahu hotels
- 8 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 9 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 10 Sedona to Vegas
- 11 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 12 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 13 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 14 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 15 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 16 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 17 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 18 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 19 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 20 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 21 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 22 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 23 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 24 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 25 BYOB in New York City