We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 2 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 3 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 4 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 5 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 8 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 9 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 10 First Time to California
- 11 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 12 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 13 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 14 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 15 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 16 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 17 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 18 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 19 Angels Landing
- 20 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 21 San Francisco and Napa
- 22 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 23 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 25 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?