We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 2 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 3 Key West luxury hotels
- 4 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 Nashville Never Been
- 7 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 8 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 9 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 10 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 11 Florida beach vacation
- 12 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 13 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 14 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 15 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 16 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 17 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 18 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 19 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 20 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 21 I95
- 22 Rafting the Colorado
- 23 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 24 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 25 Uber boston