We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 2 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 3 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 4 Boston / VT August
- 5 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 6 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 7 Lake Champlain, VT
- 8 5 Days near Denver
- 9 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 10 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 11 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 12 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 13 Boston Ideas
- 14 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 15 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 16 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 17 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 18 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 19 4 Days in Juneau?
- 20 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 21 hotel in NYC
- 22 20 Days Road Trip
- 23 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 24 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 25 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands