We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 blue ridge parkway?
- 2 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 5 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 6 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 7 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 8 San Diego, mission valley
- 9 NFL preseason 2016 Week 3
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 12 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 15 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 16 Seattle?
- 17 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 18 International transferring planes at CDG
- 19 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 20 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 21 Day Tripping in Florida Keys
- 22 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 23 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 24 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 25 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels