We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Round trip from Chicago
- 2 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 3 Vegas hotels for families
- 4 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 5 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 6 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 7 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 8 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 9 Tour companies
- 10 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Zion to Albuquerque
- 14 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 Quick Trip to NYC
- 17 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 20 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 21 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 22 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 23 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 Kayaking in Acadia in October?