We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO MAIL D*J
- 2 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 3 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 4 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 5 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 6 Big Sur Help!!
- 7 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 11 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 12 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 13 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 14 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 17 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 18 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 19 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 20 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 21 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 22 Las Vegas trip report
- 23 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 24 10 Days in Maine
- 25 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls