We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 2 Christmas Napa Valley
- 3 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 4 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 5 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 6 Your favourite places in New York City
- 7 Phone SIM
- 8 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 9 Las vegas +21
- 10 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 11 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 12 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 13 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 14 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 15 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 16 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 19 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 20 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 21 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 22 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 23 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 24 Newark to Paris
- 25 A June trip to Kauai