I need help planning my June trip to Yellowstone. We're a family of four driving an AWD vehicle, pulling a pop-up camper and no real time constraints. My kids are teenagers. We're starting in Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas panhandle. Some things we like are hiking, fishing, kayaking/rafting, astronomy/observatories, history (my husband loves old west stuff), wildlife, and home cooking (we're very adventurous eaters). Gotta keep it cheap. What are the "can't miss" sites along the way?
Driving from Texas to Yellowstone
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 2 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 3 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 4 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 5 san francisco to columbia gorge
- 6 Sunnyvale to San Franisco and back
- 7 Saison, Chez Panisse, Other Top Restaurants in SF Area
- 8 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 9 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 10 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 11 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 12 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 14 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 15 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 16 Utah restaurants
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 19 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 20 Maui...off the beaten path for one day/night
- 21 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 22 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 23 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 24 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 25 Small group dining in Napa area