At the end of April I am spending 6 days driving with my daughter from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina to Nashville, Tennessee. I would like some ideas of cute towns with fun downtown areas with boutiques/restaurants in western North Carolina and Tennessee on the way from Durham to Nashville. Also, once we are in Nashville, what other cities are worthwhile to visit in Tennessee? We mostly like shopping and cute restaurants, but no huge malls (as we are from Los Angeles) Thanks and just want to have an itinerary for the 6 days including from Durham,NC to Nashville.
Driving from Durham, NC to Tennessee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Richmond highlights?
- 3 Broadway this week
- 4 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 Weekend in NYC
- 12 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 13 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 16 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 17 New York, New York...
- 18 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 19 trains in Europe
- 20 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 21 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 22 USA trip
- 23 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 24 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 25 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report