At the end of April I am spending 6 days driving with my daughter from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina to Nashville, Tennessee. I would like some ideas of cute towns with fun downtown areas with boutiques/restaurants in western North Carolina and Tennessee on the way from Durham to Nashville. Also, once we are in Nashville, what other cities are worthwhile to visit in Tennessee? We mostly like shopping and cute restaurants, but no huge malls (as we are from Los Angeles) Thanks and just want to have an itinerary for the 6 days including from Durham,NC to Nashville.
Driving from Durham, NC to Tennessee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 2 New England in the fall
- 3 Itinerary opinions
- 4 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 5 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 6 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 9 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 10 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 11 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 12 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 13 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 14 Mesa Verde
- 15 NYC Clubs for live music
- 16 relocating travel
- 17 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 18 Seattle Hyatts
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 23 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 24 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 25 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan