So I am trying to plan a trip down the CA coast; I am flying into Medford Rogue Valley Airport on 9/19 and out of Ontario Airport on 9/30. I would (ideally) like to go to Crater Lake on 9/20 before coming down to CA. I want to drive down the coast, only making a detour inland to go to Oakland to see a cousin and friend. Otherwise, down the coast. I'd like to drive the whole thing (down to San Diego) and then come back up to Corona and stay with family from 9/26-9/30. The major sites I would like to see are Crater Lake, the Redwoods (which forests/parks are the best? I saw a lot of them on the map!), Point Reyes Seashore, Muir Woods, Hearst Castle, Pebble Beach golf course, Carmel/Monterey??, Santa Monica pier...I think I could drive to Sequoia NP from my uncle's...First of all, is this doable? If so, does anyone have a suggested itinerary? Also, are there any additional recommended sites? If there isn't enough time to go down to San Diego, I could always just cut over from LA to Corona.
Drive down CA Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 2 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 3 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 9 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 10 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 11 Atlanta with kids
- 12 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 13 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 14 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 15 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Family Camp in Maine
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon