So I am trying to plan a trip down the CA coast; I am flying into Medford Rogue Valley Airport on 9/19 and out of Ontario Airport on 9/30. I would (ideally) like to go to Crater Lake on 9/20 before coming down to CA. I want to drive down the coast, only making a detour inland to go to Oakland to see a cousin and friend. Otherwise, down the coast. I'd like to drive the whole thing (down to San Diego) and then come back up to Corona and stay with family from 9/26-9/30. The major sites I would like to see are Crater Lake, the Redwoods (which forests/parks are the best? I saw a lot of them on the map!), Point Reyes Seashore, Muir Woods, Hearst Castle, Pebble Beach golf course, Carmel/Monterey??, Santa Monica pier...I think I could drive to Sequoia NP from my uncle's...First of all, is this doable? If so, does anyone have a suggested itinerary? Also, are there any additional recommended sites? If there isn't enough time to go down to San Diego, I could always just cut over from LA to Corona.
Drive down CA Coast
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 hotel near Met NYC
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 5 Princeville in January
- 6 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 7 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 8 Warm and don't Drive
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 pa to az
- 11 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 12 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 15 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 21 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 Yountville or Napa in February??