So I am trying to plan a trip down the CA coast; I am flying into Medford Rogue Valley Airport on 9/19 and out of Ontario Airport on 9/30. I would (ideally) like to go to Crater Lake on 9/20 before coming down to CA. I want to drive down the coast, only making a detour inland to go to Oakland to see a cousin and friend. Otherwise, down the coast. I'd like to drive the whole thing (down to San Diego) and then come back up to Corona and stay with family from 9/26-9/30. The major sites I would like to see are Crater Lake, the Redwoods (which forests/parks are the best? I saw a lot of them on the map!), Point Reyes Seashore, Muir Woods, Hearst Castle, Pebble Beach golf course, Carmel/Monterey??, Santa Monica pier...I think I could drive to Sequoia NP from my uncle's...First of all, is this doable? If so, does anyone have a suggested itinerary? Also, are there any additional recommended sites? If there isn't enough time to go down to San Diego, I could always just cut over from LA to Corona.
Drive down CA Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 2 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 5 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 6 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 7 American Honeymoon in March
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 10 Colorado Skiing
- 11 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 12 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 13 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 14 san fran sightseeing
- 15 Boston in winter?
- 16 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 17 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 18 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 19 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 20 charlotte
- 21 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 22 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 23 New York City in April
- 24 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 25 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by