We are headed to DC for the first time next week. We are hoping to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington (which is close to the Metro). We want to see all of the touristy stuff - monuments, national archives, capitol, white house, bureau of printing /engraving, smithsonan, Fords theater,cherry blossom , etc.. Now is there a stop on the metro that can get us to all of these sites? Is there a specific place to view the cherry blossoms? Do we need tickets to tour any of these places? How do we go about getting tickets? Are there any other places to visit that are a must see? How about restaurant recs?? Any help/tips are greatly appeciated!!!!
DC...need help with best tourist route
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 4 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 5 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 6 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 7 California road trip
- 8 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 9 Seattle Hyatts
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 12 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 13 San Diego - wher to stay
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 16 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 17 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 18 Berkshires in late October
- 19 2 day in Adirondack park
- 20 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 24 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 25 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL