We are headed to DC for the first time next week. We are hoping to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington (which is close to the Metro). We want to see all of the touristy stuff - monuments, national archives, capitol, white house, bureau of printing /engraving, smithsonan, Fords theater,cherry blossom , etc.. Now is there a stop on the metro that can get us to all of these sites? Is there a specific place to view the cherry blossoms? Do we need tickets to tour any of these places? How do we go about getting tickets? Are there any other places to visit that are a must see? How about restaurant recs?? Any help/tips are greatly appeciated!!!!
DC...need help with best tourist route
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 2 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 3 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 4 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 12 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 15 New York City Restaurants
- 16 Dining in D.C.
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 19 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Washington DC Metro
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 25 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast