Trying to figure out a 4 day trip to DC the second week in July for myself and my 16 year old son. We'll be driving from Charlotte, have never been to DC before, know we want to do a Smithsonian or two, and I want to do an evening tour of the monuments. I'm a teacher and therefore POOR, but we've been trying to do this trip for years and I want to make it happen while he'll still hang out with me. I'm looking for something under $150 (don't laugh) that offers free parking and that gives us easy access to public transportation. I'm clueless on neighborhoods/areas that we need to be in. Any suggestions are appreciated.
D.C. July Trip - Hotel suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 5 Breckenridge in October
- 6 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 7 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 8 Chicago Questions
- 9 USA trip
- 10 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 11 NBA tickets??
- 12 Orlando for Work
- 13 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 14 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 charlotte
- 17 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 18 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 19 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 22 camaro hire in waikiki
- 23 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 24 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 25 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope