Trying to figure out a 4 day trip to DC the second week in July for myself and my 16 year old son. We'll be driving from Charlotte, have never been to DC before, know we want to do a Smithsonian or two, and I want to do an evening tour of the monuments. I'm a teacher and therefore POOR, but we've been trying to do this trip for years and I want to make it happen while he'll still hang out with me. I'm looking for something under $150 (don't laugh) that offers free parking and that gives us easy access to public transportation. I'm clueless on neighborhoods/areas that we need to be in. Any suggestions are appreciated.
D.C. July Trip - Hotel suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Orlando to Savannah
- 5 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 6 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 7 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 8 Dinner in Miami
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 14 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 18 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 Christmas weather?
- 24 Big island itinerary
- 25 New York City and New England