Trying to figure out a 4 day trip to DC the second week in July for myself and my 16 year old son. We'll be driving from Charlotte, have never been to DC before, know we want to do a Smithsonian or two, and I want to do an evening tour of the monuments. I'm a teacher and therefore POOR, but we've been trying to do this trip for years and I want to make it happen while he'll still hang out with me. I'm looking for something under $150 (don't laugh) that offers free parking and that gives us easy access to public transportation. I'm clueless on neighborhoods/areas that we need to be in. Any suggestions are appreciated.
D.C. July Trip - Hotel suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 2 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 3 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 4 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 5 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 6 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 7 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 10 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 11 California
- 12 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 13 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Cross Country RV Trip
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 20 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 21 Texas
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ