So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 2 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 3 Annapolis to Boston
- 4 Vegetarian in Boston
- 5 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 6 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 7 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 8 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 9 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 10 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 11 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 12 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 13 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 14 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 15 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 16 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 17 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 18 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 19 Road Trip
- 20 Seeing An "American" Icon
- 21 Hiking - United States
- 22 Road trip October
- 23 Short Northern Oregon Coast Roadtrip
- 24 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 25 Trip tos Switzerland and Italy