So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 2 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 3 Farewell from Ira
- 4 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 5 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 6 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 7 chicago to hibbing
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Return from Bradenton FL back to New Haven CT
- 10 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 11 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 12 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 13 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 14 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 15 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 16 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 17 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 18 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 19 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 20 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 21 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 22 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 23 Pacific coast road trip
- 24 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 25 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley