So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 20 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 24 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 25 Must Eats