So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Madison Square Garden
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 12 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 hotel near Met NYC
- 15 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 16 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 17 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 21 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 22 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 23 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown