So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 2 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 5 Chicago trip
- 6 NYC IN AUGUST
- 7 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 8 culpepper
- 9 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 12 Fancy dining
- 13 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 14 Hotel near Miami airport
- 15 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 16 Will have five days in Savannah
- 17 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 18 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 19 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 20 Itinerary opinions
- 21 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 22 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 23 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 24 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 25 Santa Barbara, California