So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 4 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 5 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 6 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 7 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 15 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 16 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 19 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 20 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 21 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?