So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 2 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 3 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 4 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 5 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 10 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 13 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Long Island Advice
- 16 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 17 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 18 Philadelphia ?
- 19 Tour of the Wester US
- 20 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 21 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 22 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 23 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 24 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 25 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide