So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 2 Cost of living in Incline Village NV
- 3 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 4 Hotels for 21 yr old near Portland? Help!!
- 5 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 6 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 7 Long Island Advice
- 8 Monterey and Napa
- 9 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 10 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 13 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 14 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 15 East Coast in December
- 16 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 17 New England in the fall
- 18 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 19 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 20 N California trip questions
- 21 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 22 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 23 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 24 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 25 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions