So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 7 Active Vacation
- 8 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 9 Quick SoCal question
- 10 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 11 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 12 New England September
- 13 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 14 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 17 Tampa in February
- 18 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 19 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 20 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 23 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 24 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 25 Austin Food Trucks