So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 6 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 7 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 15 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 A day in Dallas
- 18 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 19 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 20 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 21 Door County Suggestions
- 22 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 23 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 24 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?