So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 2 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 3 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Colorado trip
- 5 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 6 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 7 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 8 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 9 DC - WW2 flyover
- 10 Colorado trip in early May
- 11 Cape cod and Acadia
- 12 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 13 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 14 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 15 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 16 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 17 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 18 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 19 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 20 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 21 First visit in New Mexico
- 22 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 23 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 24 Maine in latter half of September
- 25 Grand Marais?