So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NBA tickets??
- 2 Chicago Questions
- 3 How to dress in Vegas
- 4 Orlando for Work
- 5 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 8 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 9 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 10 charlotte
- 11 USA trip
- 12 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 13 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 14 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 15 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 17 camaro hire in waikiki
- 18 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 19 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 20 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 21 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 25 Sonoma or napa?