So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 2 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 3 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 4 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 5 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 General Utah planning questions
- 8 New York city--best time to visit??
- 9 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 10 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 11 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 12 Maui Luau?
- 13 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 14 American Honeymoon in March
- 15 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 16 California & French Polynesia
- 17 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 18 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 19 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 20 4 week family trip ideas
- 21 Boston area -- nature
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 24 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 25 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?