So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels Philly
- 2 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 3 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 4 Northwest USA
- 5 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 6 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 9 Texas
- 10 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 16 LA for a day and a half
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 19 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 20 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 21 Moving to CT
- 22 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 25 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!