So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 Key West Hotel in January
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 los angeles restaurants
- 10 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 11 West Maui Restaurants
- 12 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 15 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 16 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 17 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 18 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 19 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 San Diego Little Italy
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?