So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 hotel near Met NYC
- 4 Key West on NYE
- 5 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 10 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 11 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 12 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 13 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 14 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 15 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 16 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 17 Hotel near Public Theater
- 18 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 21 Oahu Information
- 22 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 23 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn