So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 2 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 6 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 7 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Alaska
- 10 San Diego grocery stores
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 14 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 15 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona