So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 3 California San Diego area lodging
- 4 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 5 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 6 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 7 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 8 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 9 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 10 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 11 Advice on Roadtrip
- 12 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 13 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 14 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 15 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 16 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 22 from Moab to Bryce
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 25 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle