So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Week West Coast Travel with Family
- 2 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 3 Temecula to Monterey road trip options
- 4 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 5 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 6 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 7 North Truro, Ma
- 8 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 9 My Topic Title Child-friendly hotel, Long Island NY
- 10 Food Tours
- 11 Holland Tunnel to The Roosevelt Hotel
- 12 University of Arkansas with 14yr old boys in May. What else should we see?
- 13 Help! I goofed up my Grand Canyon trip planning!
- 14 Help- Penn Station to JFK/Layover help
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Boothbay or Camden, Maine?
- 17 Lake Powell Houseboat Itinerary
- 18 Chain of Lakes-Which to Focus on?
- 19 Cape Cod to Boston - any mass transit?
- 20 Few days near Seattle, possibly solo
- 21 NYC to Washington by train
- 22 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 23 I Which Road trip with kids from OK to take: east coast or South
- 24 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 25 Possibly moving from Pittsburgh to Raleigh, need help!!