So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 3 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 4 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 5 Houston in September
- 6 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 7 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 8 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 9 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 11 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 12 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 14 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 15 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 16 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 17 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 18 New York Trip
- 19 Balloon fest hotels
- 20 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 21 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 22 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 23 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 24 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 25 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...