So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Cheap Midwest Destination Wedding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 2 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 6 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 7 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 8 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 9 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 10 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 11 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 12 Sunitoomas - stop shilling for that company
- 13 Tour companies
- 14 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 15 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 16 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 17 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 18 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 19 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 20 Quick Trip to NYC
- 21 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 22 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 23 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 24 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 25 East Coast trip in 11 full days.