So my fiance and I have been together for close to 6 years, engaged 5 and while I would love to be married, the wedding planning stresses me out. I can't justify the cost, once we start talking about $20K I just tune out. I would love a small reception with a breathtaking ceremony for only about 30 people somewhere approximately 3-5 hours from Chicago. I love nature, think starved rock waterfalls, mossy streams and overgrown lush gardens but grilling hotdogs and hamburgers over a campfire is out. So I want the best of both worlds. Ideally I would love a bed and breakfast with a gazebo and a pond and beautiful landscaping for the ceremony and a classy dining hall for the reception. Anyone know if this kind of a place exists? It maybe a pipe dream but I would like to do the whole thing for under $5,000.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 2 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 3 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 4 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 5 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 6 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 7 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 8 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 9 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 10 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 11 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 12 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 13 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 14 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 15 First Trip to New Orleans
- 16 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 17 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 18 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 19 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 20 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 21 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 22 Michigan advice needed
- 23 Nova Star
- 24 One day in Dallas
- 25 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters