I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 2 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii