I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants Chicago June
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 4 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 5 tip for valet parking
- 6 New Orleans
- 7 California: Getty museum
- 8 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 9 Seattle - newby questions
- 10 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 11 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 12 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 15 NYC hotel/July
- 16 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 17 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 18 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 19 Grand Circle Road Trip with Older Parents
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 22 Girlfriends getaway in San Francisco
- 23 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 24 NYC with my 13 year old
- 25 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?