I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 usa roadtrip
- 2 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 5 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 6 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 7 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 8 arizona rte 66
- 9 Where to live in the North East
- 10 Hawaii and...where?
- 11 Short Oregon Trip
- 12 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 13 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 14 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Another Great DC Trip
- 17 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 18 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 21 Chicago 2017
- 22 How much time in Badlands?
- 23 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 24 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 25 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill