I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 5 New Orleans help please
- 6 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 los angeles restaurants
- 9 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 10 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 13 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 14 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 15 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 19 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 22 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 25 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts