I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 2 Juneau May 8th
- 3 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 4 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 5 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 6 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 10 Best places to move to Florida?
- 11 Question about Miami travel
- 12 Salt Lake City
- 13 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 17 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 18 Locker at JFK
- 19 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 20 San Diego grocery stores
- 21 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Key Largo, FL
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?