I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 3 House sitter
- 4 Calf trip
- 5 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 6 Key West Hotel in January
- 7 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 10 Tipping advice
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 x mas
- 13 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 14 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 15 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 16 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 17 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 18 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 19 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 20 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 21 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 22 Stopover in MIAMI
- 23 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 24 San Francisco Advice needed
- 25 Best women's dress shop north shore of Boston?