I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
- 1 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 4 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 7 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 8 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 9 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 10 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 14 Newport, RI Questions
- 15 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 16 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 18 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 19 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 22 Seward to Anchorage
- 23 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 24 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 25 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC