I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 2 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 3 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 4 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 5 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 6 Oregon Road Trip
- 7 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 8 St. Simon, Georgia
- 9 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 10 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 11 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Christmas in TX
- 14 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 15 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 16 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 17 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 18 Ben Landa
- 19 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 20 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 21 Tucson area flooding
- 22 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 23 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 25 California