I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 6 culpepper
- 7 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 8 Chicago trip
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 11 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 12 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 13 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 14 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 15 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 16 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Santa Barbara, California
- 19 Hotel near Miami airport
- 20 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 21 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 22 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 23 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 24 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 25 Philly