I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 2 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 3 Florida St George's Island
- 4 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 5 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 6 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 10 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 11 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 14 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 15 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 16 Weekend in NYC
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 18 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 19 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 22 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 25 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC