I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 2 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 3 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 4 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 7 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 9 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 10 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 11 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 12 Christmas weather?
- 13 Big island itinerary
- 14 New York City and New England
- 15 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 18 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 19 Thousand Islands
- 20 Best Destination in USA
- 21 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 22 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 23 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 24 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 25 Better cooking store in Seattle