I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.ibwpro.com/angele-cream/
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Northwest Passage
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Best Place to buy a Condo in Florida?
- 6 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 7 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 8 Sonoma
- 9 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 10 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 101 closure
- 13 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 14 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 15 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 16 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 17 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 18 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 19 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 20 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 23 Alaska cruise
- 24 New Orleans
- 25 Maui Bed and Breakfast