I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 2 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 3 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 4 Bryce and Zion planning
- 5 Country Walkers
- 6 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 7 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 8 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 9 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 10 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 11 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 12 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 13 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 14 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 15 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 16 Places to stay in Skagway
- 17 Hilo to Kona
- 18 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 19 Maui - luau question
- 20 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 21 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 23 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 24 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 25 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017