I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip July 2017
- 2 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 6 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 7 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 12 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 13 Carmel Monterey
- 14 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 15 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 16 Santa Fe Itineray
- 17 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 18 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 19 Arches Devils Garden
- 20 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 21 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 22 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 23 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 universal studios and disney