I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://www.myfitnessfacts.com/nuviante-eyelash-enhancer
- 2 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 3 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 4 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 How many states have you been to?
- 8 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 9 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 12 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 13 Route Planning for East USA
- 14 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 15 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 16 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 17 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 18 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 19 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 20 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 21 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 22 Skagway
- 23 Retiring in NM?
- 24 Chicago to Charleston
- 25 Amtrack: Denver to California?