I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wine Country Picnic
- 2 10 day trip to California
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 5 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 6 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 9 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 10 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 11 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 12 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 13 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 16 Timeshare Nightmares
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 19 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 20 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 21 Sacramento GTG
- 22 Travel West Coast
- 23 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 24 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 25 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida