I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
- 1 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 2 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 3 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 4 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 5 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 6 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 7 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 8 Warm and don't Drive
- 9 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 12 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 13 Rockport, MA dining?
- 14 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 15 Princeville in January
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 18 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE