I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Yellowstone
- 2 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 3 Best beach destination with kids in August?
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 8 USA Round trip 2018
- 9 New Orleans Hotels
- 10 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 11 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 12 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 13 Hilton Head
- 14 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 15 4 Days in LV
- 16 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 17 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 18 DC - WW2 flyover
- 19 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 20 Fun stop between Virginia Beach and Wintergreen
- 21 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 22 Savannah visit
- 23 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 24 Camping in the Black Hills
- 25 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!