I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 3 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 6 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 7 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 8 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 12 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 13 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 14 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 15 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 16 St. Augustine, Florida
- 17 San Antonio
- 18 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 Where should I move to?
- 21 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 22 Fripp island
- 23 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip