I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting New York State
- 2 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 3 Yosemite Hike
- 4 Taking Onery Teens to LA for 4 days....
- 5 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 6 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 7 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 8 4th of July in Chicago
- 9 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 10 The District by Hilton Club
- 11 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 12 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 13 Colorado Hiking in September
- 14 nashville,tenn
- 15 Florida Coffee Roasters
- 16 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 17 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 18 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 19 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 20 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 21 Bucket List
- 22 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 23 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 24 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 25 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights