I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favorite Low Price Summer Dress Spot
- 2 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 3 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 4 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 5 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 6 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 7 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Inns in Manteo
- 10 Mississippi gulf coast
- 11 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 12 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 13 itinerary for 2 weeks in Oregon in early September
- 14 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 15 Lake Powell
- 16 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 17 Southwest US vacation help
- 18 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 19 Advice Albuquerque, Taos,Santa fe
- 20 Need itinerary suggestions for coastal ME trip mid October
- 21 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 22 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 23 Things to do in La Jolla
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!