I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 Fripp island
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 7 Hotel near Public Theater
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 11 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 12 San Antonio
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Oahu Information
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 22 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 23 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 One day in Washington DC