I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 2 san fran sightseeing
- 3 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 4 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 5 Dining in Manhattan
- 6 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 7 American Honeymoon in March
- 8 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 9 Need Help Finding the Right Spot to Ring in 2015 on the East Coast!
- 10 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 11 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 12 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 13 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 14 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 15 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 16 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 17 New Orleans
- 18 Hotel in Miami and parking ?
- 19 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 20 Kauai: Is two nights enough?
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 23 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 24 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 25 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!