I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Downtown Chicago
- 6 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 7 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 8 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 9 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 10 What to do in San Diego
- 11 Nashville
- 12 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 13 Beaches in Florida
- 14 fort lauderdale
- 15 40th in Key West
- 16 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 17 First Trip to Texas -
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 20 5 days in Colorado
- 21 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?