I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help from a true New Yorker.
- 2 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 3 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 4 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 5 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 6 Safety Concerns
- 7 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 8 Trip to northern California
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 First Trip to Texas -
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 13 Washington DC with kids
- 14 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 15 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 19 Sedona for a Month
- 20 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 21 Alaska -public transport
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 24 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 25 Southwest road trip