I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nantucket/Hyannis ferry & ground transportation
- 2 Roadtrip ideas California 6 Nevada: Ideas and realistic driving distances
- 3 NOLA, Savannah and Charleston
- 4 2 Week West Coast Travel with Family
- 5 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 6 First time to NOLA Sept 12-18
- 7 Road Trip Ideas
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Florida's Finest
- 10 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 11 My Topic Title Child-friendly hotel, Long Island NY
- 12 First Trip To Lake Tahoe
- 13 Best way to see Oahu
- 14 Kauai Condo
- 15 Hawaii trip report
- 16 Need Rochester, NY, advice please
- 17 Kantishna vs Wonder Lake stop on shuttle bus
- 18 Itinerary/ timing Sedona-GC- esp Page
- 19 Bourbon Trail in Lexington
- 20 San Diego restaurant
- 21 Another high-end discount store opens in downtown SFMy Topic Title
- 22 Food Tours
- 23 Napa Valley Bachelorette Party!
- 24 Parking and trolley for Rubicon Trail hike by Lake Tahoe
- 25 Help! I goofed up my Grand Canyon trip planning!