I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 2 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 3 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 4 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 7 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 8 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 9 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 10 DC - WW2 flyover
- 11 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 12 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 13 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 14 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 15 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning
- 17 New York City-New Things?
- 18 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 19 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 20 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 21 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 22 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 23 Romantic destination in the US
- 24 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 25 Kid School Admission