I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 7 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 8 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 11 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 12 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 13 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Biloxi questions again
- 22 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England