I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 3 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 4 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Question about Boulder area
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 9 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 10 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 13 Vero Beach FL
- 14 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 15 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 16 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 21 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 22 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 23 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 24 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 25 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.