I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BUSSINESS SPONSORSHIP
- 2 My Joyful Testimony
- 3 An main element is the Tru average skin Cream hyaluronic
- 4 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 5 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 6 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 7 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 8 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 9 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 10 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 11 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 12 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 13 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 14 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 15 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 16 Relocating to the Deep South
- 17 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 18 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 19 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 20 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 south west family trip itinerary
- 23 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 25 California road trip - oneway or round trip