I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 2 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 3 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 6 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 7 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 10 Is the New York subway safe?
- 11 Chicago eateries downtown
- 12 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Where to from Tampa?
- 15 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 16 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 18 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 21 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 22 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 San Francisco Car Rental Question
- 25 Unique Honeymoon