I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 2 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 3 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 4 NYC hotel/July
- 5 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/le-jeune-anti-wrinkle-complex/
- 6 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 7 River Rafting: What to expect and How to Stay Safe?
- 8 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 9 4 Days in LV
- 10 Southern Road Trip
- 11 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 12 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 13 First time visit to California
- 14 Hilton Head
- 15 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 16 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 17 Must see places in Washington & Oregon
- 18 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 19 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 20 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 21 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 22 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 23 Southwest US
- 24 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 25 Reno GTG?