I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 2 How to Improve the Lives of Travelers
- 3 First time visit to California
- 4 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 5 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 8 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 9 NY State Assembly Internship
- 10 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 11 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 12 Touring Hearst Castle
- 13 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 14 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 15 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 16 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 17 San Francisco
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 20 Angels Landing
- 21 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 22 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 23 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 24 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 25 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt