I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 2 Highway 1 motels
- 3 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 6 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 7 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 8 driving from LA to Portland
- 9 Places to stay in TX...?
- 10 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 11 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 12 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 13 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 14 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 15 Silverthorne
- 16 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 17 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 18 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 19 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 20 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 21 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 11 days SE coast road trip
- 24 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 25 Getting around in NYC