I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to Moab in the beginning of April, stay in Moab for 5 nights and explore (drive and hike) Arches NP, Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands NP and also visit Dead Horse Point State Park. Total: 4 full days exploring the area.
I am planning to leave Moab on the 5th day. Would you recommend driving through Capitol Reef NP on the way to Las Vegas? I can stop on Hwy 24 and hike the Hickman Bridge Tail. I will be driving Honda Accord and I am not sure if it is a good idea to take a Scenic Drive off Hwy 24 driving a regular car and hike in the area.. What do you think? If you recommend to do it, I will probably need at least a few hours in the park, stay overnight in Torrey and drive to Las Vegas the next day. I visited Bryce and Zion NP before therefore it will be a straight shot from Torrey to Las Vegas. If you would not recommend going through Capitol Reef NP, I'll just take Interstate 70 and 15 back to Las Vegas.
Capitol Reef NP on the way from Moab to Las Vegas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 2 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 3 san fran sightseeing
- 4 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 5 Boston in winter?
- 6 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 7 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 8 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 9 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 12 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 13 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 14 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 15 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 16 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 17 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 18 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 21 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 22 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 23 American Honeymoon in March
- 24 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 25 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays