Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding gifts?
- 2 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 3 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 4 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 5 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 6 Seattle Ho
- 7 blue ridge parkway?
- 8 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 9 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 10 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 11 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 12 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 15 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 16 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 22 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 23 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY
Hello Fodorites --