Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 2 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 3 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 4 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 5 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 Steamboat in August
- 8 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 9 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 10 MN lake home rental needed
- 11 Desert Southwest
- 12 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 13 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 14 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 15 Your favourite places in New York City
- 16 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 17 Napa valley getaway
- 18 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 19 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 20 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 21 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 22 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 23 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 24 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 25 Extended weekend beach get away
Hello Fodorites --