Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
- 1 One day in NYC
- 2 Trying To Find a Place
- 3 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 4 Columbus food !
- 5 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 6 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 7 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 10 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 11 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?
- 12 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 13 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 14 TIMESHARE uour opinion on buying timeshare
- 15 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 16 Driving trip from Toronto to San Antonio
- 17 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 18 National Parks?
- 19 Marcola?
- 20 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 21 Cape Cod, Nuntucket or Martha's Vineyard
- 22 Updates from Hanalei
- 23 Best Art Museum to visit for first time visitors to DC
- 24 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 25 Hotels in New Orleans