Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 2 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 3 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 4 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 5 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 6 Cape Cod
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 9 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 10 San Diego with Kids
- 11 Tour companies
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 14 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 17 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 18 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 21 Getting around the Big Island
- 22 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 23 best of yellowstone
- 24 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 25 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?