Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 카지노사이트 ☧【 EAR884.ＣOＭ 】☧카지노사이트
- 2 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 3 Champaigne, Illinois
- 4 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 5 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 6 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 7 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 8 Farewell from Ira
- 9 Cashless Toll roads.
- 10 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 11 taking home sand
- 12 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 14 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 15 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 16 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 17 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 18 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 19 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 20 Back From Alaska
- 21 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 22 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 23 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 24 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 25 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
Hello Fodorites --