Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getaway
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 4 Yosemite Lodging
- 5 Temecula Winery Tours
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Fairbanks Alaska
- 8 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 11 What's new on Maui?
- 12 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 13 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 14 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 15 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 16 Broadway choices
- 17 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Colorado aspen updates
- 20 New England Skiing
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 25 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier