Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 family celebration trip
- 2 New England September
- 3 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 4 searching for urban master planned community
- 5 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 6 Deep South sept 2015
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Hawaii Group Travel
- 9 Austin Food Trucks
- 10 New York To Ashville NC
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 13 Fmpden, are you there?
- 14 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 15 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 16 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 17 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 18 Charleston Islands
- 19 Family Spring Break 2015
- 20 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 21 san diego or nearby area
- 22 Mother Daughter Trip
- 23 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY
- 24 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 25 Best VoIP headset?