Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 3 Wedding in Hawaii
- 4 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 5 rain in Kauai
- 6 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 7 Alaska cruise and land
- 8 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 9 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 12 Where to go in Maine?
- 13 Jersey City Parking
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 16 SF to DR? WTH!
- 17 Kennebunkport and....?
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 NYC Itinerary Help
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 22 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 23 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 24 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 25 Washington, D.C. trip report...