Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Advanced Tips Loose Man Breasts Fast
- 2 Choose An Antispyware Program Download
- 3 You have earned an associated
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 5 http://www.toptryloburn.com/coal-cosmetic-moisturizer/
- 6 internet sites and is not to be had at local retail
- 7 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/skinfresh-md-reviews/
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 teaspoon of table sugar only has about sixteen
- 10 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 11 How Lower Belly Fat Easy And Correctly
- 12 http://healthpurelives.com/skinfresh-md/
- 13 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 14 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 15 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 16 OHare car service north suburbs
- 17 Yellowstone
- 18 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 19 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 20 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 21 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 24 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 25 Suggestions for Philadelphia
Hello Fodorites --