Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Sonoma
- 6 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 7 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 8 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 9 Alaska cruise
- 10 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 15 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 16 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 19 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 20 AR State Parks
- 21 California Trip
- 22 101 closure
- 23 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 24 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 25 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
Hello Fodorites --