Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 2 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 3 Where to raise a family in Florida?
- 4 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 5 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 6 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 7 Daytona Beach and ??
- 8 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 9 Beach holiday with baby
- 10 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 11 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 12 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 13 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 14 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 15 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 16 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 17 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 18 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 19 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 20 Grand Marais?
- 21 Salt Lake City
- 22 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 23 First visit in New Mexico
- 24 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 25 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon