Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 4 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 5 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 6 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 7 Chicago trip
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 10 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 14 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 Santa Barbara, California
- 19 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 20 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 21 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 22 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Road Trip SW