Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 Traveling in winter
- 3 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 4 a short trip to san francisco
- 5 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 6 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 7 Summer in Michigan
- 8 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 9 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 10 Glacier National Park
- 11 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 12 South east road trip
- 13 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 14 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 15 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 16 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 17 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 18 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 19 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 20 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 21 Any Sanibel experts?
- 22 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 23 Later Winter around Mobile
- 24 Rafting the Colorado
- 25 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
Hello Fodorites --