Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Cape Cod at Thanksgiving? Which town for B&B?
Hello Fodorites --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Views from up high in San Francisco
- 2 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 California San Diego area lodging
- 4 Maui...off the beaten path for one day/night
- 5 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 6 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 9 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 10 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 11 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 12 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 13 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 14 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 15 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 16 Long Boat Key Condo GOLF TENNIS BEACH
- 17 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 18 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 19 Hana hotels in August
- 20 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 21 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 22 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 23 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 24 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 25 from Moab to Bryce