Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 2 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 3 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 4 ~+27737016174#Herbalist healers in United States.
- 5 SUV Service in DFW airport | Sedan Service in DFW
- 6 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 7 Roadtrip July 2017
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 10 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 11 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 12 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 13 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 14 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 18 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 19 Retiring to Tucson
- 20 10 days vacation in California
- 21 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 22 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 23 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 24 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 25 Utah National Parks visit
Hello Fodorites --