Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 4 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 5 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)
- 6 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 7 Can anyone recommend a caterer in Minneapolis?
- 8 Route 66
- 9 overnight flight....what kind of travel pillow and other tips
- 10 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 11 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 12 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 13 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 14 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 15 Long-Term parking options New Orleans Airport
- 16 Nome, AK to Serpentine Hot Springs in the Bering Land Bridge NP
- 17 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 18 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 19 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 20 Colorado itinerary
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 23 Hawaii wedding
- 24 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 25 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
Hello Fodorites --