My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 5 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 6 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 7 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 8 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 9 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 10 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 14 New Orleans music
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 17 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 18 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 19 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 20 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 21 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 22 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 23 NYC with wheelchair
- 24 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 25 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC