My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 2 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 3 http://smileprodirectsite.com/regenes-lift/
- 4 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 5 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Restaurant for lunch between Atlanta and Savannah
- 8 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 9 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 10 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 11 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 12 Pacific coast road trip
- 13 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 14 My son's first day in New York
- 15 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 16 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 17 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 18 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 19 Looking for rustic secluded cabins/yurts in midwest
- 20 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 21 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 22 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 23 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 24 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 25 Southern Cali itinerary help