My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Napa Valley Hotel
- 3 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 4 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 5 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 6 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 7 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 8 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 12 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 13 Depot Bay OR
- 14 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 15 A June trip to Kauai
- 16 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 17 Across the United States by Train
- 18 Phone SIM
- 19 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 20 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 21 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 22 A day in Boston
- 23 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 24 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 25 October Fall Foliage Itinerary