My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 2 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 3 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 4 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 5 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 8 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 9 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 10 Great OR beach house locations?
- 11 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 12 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 13 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 16 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 17 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 18 No Spam this morning!!
- 19 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 22 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 23 San Francisco transit options
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels