My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
California Coastal Trip April
- 1 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 2 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 3 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 4 Cape Ann area
- 5 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 6 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 7 Motor House
- 8 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 9 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 10 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 11 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 12 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 13 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 14 stay near newark or nyc
- 15 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 16 Kauai golf
- 17 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 18 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 19 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 20 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 21 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 22 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Minneapolis Hotel
- 25 Place for lunch in Philly?