My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Few Days in Asheville
- 2 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 3 Arizona in winter
- 4 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 5 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 6 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 7 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 8 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 9 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 10 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 11 DC restaurant report
- 12 national park during thanksgiving
- 13 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 14 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 15 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
- 16 December trip to see snow
- 17 Northern California Redwoods
- 18 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 19 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 20 Visiting for a conference - where to stay (near stadiums) and sightseeing?
- 21 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Last minute trip to Arizona