My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
California Coastal Trip April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 2 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 3 Philadelphia
- 4 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 5 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 6 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 7 USA with a 3 year old
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 NYC theatre broadway
- 13 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 14 Universal studios/Orlando
- 15 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 22 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Best seafood restaurant in Boston