My husband and I are expecting our first child late this summer and want to take a "babymoon" to celebrate. We are thinking Florida would be easiest because we live near Atlanta and would prefer not to fly due to the expense of plane tickets + rental car, etc. I am looking for suggestions for resort-style lodging that is budget-friendly (around 200 nightly or less would be best). My only absolute requirement is that I would like a place with a nice pool since most ocean activities I would usually do will be unavailable to me. I also would prefer not to rent a condo because I want the ease of a hotel environment (people clean it, we don't have to cook or wash towels, etc.). And places that have amenities like onsite restaurants are a plus. I figure we will have years to rent big condos and make family meals once the baby is here, so for this vacation I want something where we don't have to do anything but relax and enjoy our free time, drink in hand. We are open to any area of Florida. The bluer the water the better, and we are willing to drive south to get it as long in the price is right. In the past we have gone to SGI and the water was very blue and clear on some visits, but very murky during others. I'd like to find a place that is more of a sure bet for blue water. As a child we used to visit West Palm which seems has very nice water, but I haven't found any lodging in our price range there. We would even consider the keys if we could find a good enough deal to justify the drive time for us, and if a hospital is near by (forgive my ignorance of the keys as I have not been there, but an unfamiliar drive to a hospital seems like a nightmare if I had to go in for anything unexpected). Having a sandy beach is not necessary since I will probably spend more time at the pool anyway. We also can only travel between mid-May and the end of June, due to the timing of our jobs/the arrival date of the child, so we need a place that will be quite warm by that time. In the past my husband and I have trended toward the cheapest possible bed and breakfast/hostel type travelling and/or renting a condo and smashing as many friends as possible into it, so this foray into resort scouting is really new to us! Any help is appreciated.
Budget "babymoon" in Florida?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 4 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 united and carry-ons
- 7 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 11 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 12 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 13 Philadelphia
- 14 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 15 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 16 USA with a 3 year old
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 20 Universal studios/Orlando
- 21 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance