My husband and I are expecting our first child late this summer and want to take a "babymoon" to celebrate. We are thinking Florida would be easiest because we live near Atlanta and would prefer not to fly due to the expense of plane tickets + rental car, etc. I am looking for suggestions for resort-style lodging that is budget-friendly (around 200 nightly or less would be best). My only absolute requirement is that I would like a place with a nice pool since most ocean activities I would usually do will be unavailable to me. I also would prefer not to rent a condo because I want the ease of a hotel environment (people clean it, we don't have to cook or wash towels, etc.). And places that have amenities like onsite restaurants are a plus. I figure we will have years to rent big condos and make family meals once the baby is here, so for this vacation I want something where we don't have to do anything but relax and enjoy our free time, drink in hand. We are open to any area of Florida. The bluer the water the better, and we are willing to drive south to get it as long in the price is right. In the past we have gone to SGI and the water was very blue and clear on some visits, but very murky during others. I'd like to find a place that is more of a sure bet for blue water. As a child we used to visit West Palm which seems has very nice water, but I haven't found any lodging in our price range there. We would even consider the keys if we could find a good enough deal to justify the drive time for us, and if a hospital is near by (forgive my ignorance of the keys as I have not been there, but an unfamiliar drive to a hospital seems like a nightmare if I had to go in for anything unexpected). Having a sandy beach is not necessary since I will probably spend more time at the pool anyway. We also can only travel between mid-May and the end of June, due to the timing of our jobs/the arrival date of the child, so we need a place that will be quite warm by that time. In the past my husband and I have trended toward the cheapest possible bed and breakfast/hostel type travelling and/or renting a condo and smashing as many friends as possible into it, so this foray into resort scouting is really new to us! Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 2 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 3 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 4 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 5 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 6 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 7 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 8 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 9 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 10 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 11 road trip
- 12 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 13 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 14 FLL to Key West
- 15 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 16 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 17 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 18 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 19 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 20 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 21 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 22 New Itinerary
- 23 Las vegas and nearby
- 24 Cape Cod trip report
- 25 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon