My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to the Deep South
- 2 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 3 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 4 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 7 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 8 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 9 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 10 Arlington funeral plans
- 11 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 12 destin resorts
- 13 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 14 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 15 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 16 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 17 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 18 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 19 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 20 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 21 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 22 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 23 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 24 Airfares in the 1970's
- 25 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride