My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Best vacation hidden gems in U.S.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Connecticut River Byway
- 6 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 7 Boston/Salem with kids
- 8 San Diego farmer's markets
- 9 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 10 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?