My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 2 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 3 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 4 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 5 Arizona in late January
- 6 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 10 A Few Days in Asheville
- 11 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 12 DC restaurant report
- 13 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 14 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 15 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 16 Key West
- 17 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 18 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 19 moving to Florida
- 20 Neue Galerie
- 21 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 22 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 23 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 24 national park during thanksgiving
- 25 DC Tours, Washington, DC