My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 2 Great OR beach house locations?
- 3 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 4 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 5 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 6 San Francisco transit options
- 7 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 8 IAH to HOU Questions
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 11 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 12 Honeymoon on PCH
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 15 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 16 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 17 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 20 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 21 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 22 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 23 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 24 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 25 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area