My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much time in Badlands?
- 2 DC Restaurants
- 3 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 4 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 5 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 6 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 7 Chicago 2017
- 8 Hawaii and...where?
- 9 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 10 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 11 Christmas in Colorado
- 12 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 13 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 14 usa roadtrip
- 15 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 16 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 19 Marfa/Big Bend
- 20 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 21 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 22 JFK to Washington
- 23 Phoenix for the weekend
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th