My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Itineray
- 2 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 3 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 4 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 5 How many states have you been to?
- 6 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 7 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 8 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 9 Roadtrip July 2017
- 10 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 12 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 13 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 14 Retiring to Tucson
- 15 Big Sure in June
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 18 Carmel Monterey
- 19 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 20 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 21 Arches Devils Garden
- 22 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 23 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 24 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 25 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?