My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 2 Summer in Michigan
- 3 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 4 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 5 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 6 Glacier National Park
- 7 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 8 South east road trip
- 9 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 10 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 11 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 12 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 13 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 14 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 15 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 16 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 17 Any Sanibel experts?
- 18 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 19 Later Winter around Mobile
- 20 Rafting the Colorado
- 21 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 22 Florida keys trip
- 23 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 24 Coffee in Boston?
- 25 Nashville Never Been