My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sonoma
- 2 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 3 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 4 Alaska cruise
- 5 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 6 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 7 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 10 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 13 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 14 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 15 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 16 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 17 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 18 AR State Parks
- 19 California Trip
- 20 101 closure
- 21 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 22 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 23 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 24 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 25 Road trip around Washington DC