My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 2 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 3 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 4 FLL to Key West
- 5 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 8 road trip
- 9 New England Road Trip
- 10 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 11 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 12 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 13 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 14 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 15 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 16 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 17 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 18 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 19 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 22 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 23 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 24 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 25 Got error in dell printer 016-302