My husband and I are planning to have a week vacation in the beginning of September this year. We were looking for something that is not very expensive and not too crowded. We love the outdoors: hiking, camping; as well as discovering the local arts. Preferably something along the east coast, but west coast suggestions are also welcome. I might want to bring my dog with me, so pet friendly ideas it would be great.
Here is an example of some vacations that I really enjoyed, that weren't expensive at all:
Camping on Assateague Island
Road trip and camping along the coast of Florida, all the way down to Key West.
Camping under the stars in Grand Canyon, AZ
Any ideas would be great.
Best vacation hidden gems in U.S.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington, DC to Boston
- 2 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 3 San Diego Trip Report
- 4 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 5 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 6 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 7 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 12 rain in Kauai
- 13 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 16 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 17 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 18 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 19 Phoenix restaurants
- 20 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 21 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 22 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 25 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days