The day we're leaving Cooke City, we'll enter Yellowstone again, head over Dunraven Pass, out east entrance and spend 1 night in Cody. The next morning we'll head to Spearfish, SD for 1 night before heading to Custer, SD for 2 nights. We are torn about which route to take through the Bighorn Mountains - hwy 14a,14 or 16 Ten Sleep/Cloud Peak. I had seen some photos of hwy 16 thru Ten Sleep/Cloud Peak and it looked so scenic. But most people seem to be suggesting 14a or 14. So - which one of the 3 scenic byways? All your replies much appreciated.
Best scenic route thru Bighorns from Cody to Spearfish via Devils Tower
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 3 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 4 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 5 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 6 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 13 Key West Hotel in January
- 14 los angeles restaurants
- 15 West Maui Restaurants
- 16 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 17 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 18 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?