The day we're leaving Cooke City, we'll enter Yellowstone again, head over Dunraven Pass, out east entrance and spend 1 night in Cody. The next morning we'll head to Spearfish, SD for 1 night before heading to Custer, SD for 2 nights. We are torn about which route to take through the Bighorn Mountains - hwy 14a,14 or 16 Ten Sleep/Cloud Peak. I had seen some photos of hwy 16 thru Ten Sleep/Cloud Peak and it looked so scenic. But most people seem to be suggesting 14a or 14. So - which one of the 3 scenic byways? All your replies much appreciated.
Best scenic route thru Bighorns from Cody to Spearfish via Devils Tower
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 3 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 8 Maui vacation
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!