My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 2 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 3 Cape Cod in early April
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 united and carry-ons
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 11 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 12 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 13 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 14 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 15 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 16 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 17 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 18 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 19 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 22 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 23 Philadelphia
- 24 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 25 USA with a 3 year old