My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 2 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 3 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 4 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 5 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 6 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 7 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 8 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 9 Vegas hotels for families
- 10 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 11 Hilton Midtown New York
- 12 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 15 Tour companies
- 16 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 17 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 18 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 19 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 24 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 25 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?