My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 2 Breckenridge in October
- 3 NBA tickets??
- 4 Chicago Questions
- 5 How to dress in Vegas
- 6 Orlando for Work
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 11 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 12 charlotte
- 13 USA trip
- 14 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 17 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 21 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 22 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 23 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Ski Season Underway in Colorado