My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
View all United States activity »
- 1 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 2 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 3 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 Fripp island
- 9 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Hotel near Public Theater
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 14 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Oahu Information
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Warm and don't Drive
- 23 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 24 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 25 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?