My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 2 Dining in D.C.
- 3 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 4 San Fransisco to LA
- 5 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 10 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 14 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 15 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 16 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Kennebunkport and....?
- 19 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 20 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 23 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 24 Wedding in Hawaii
- 25 Houseboat on Lake Powell