My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philly
- 2 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 3 Santa Barbara, California
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 8 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 9 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 10 culpepper
- 11 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 12 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 15 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 16 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 20 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 21 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 22 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 23 Chicago trip
- 24 NYC IN AUGUST
- 25 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014