My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cost of living in Incline Village NV
- 2 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 3 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 4 Hotels for 21 yr old near Portland? Help!!
- 5 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 6 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 7 Long Island Advice
- 8 Monterey and Napa
- 9 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 10 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 13 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 14 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 15 East Coast in December
- 16 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 17 New England in the fall
- 18 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 19 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 20 N California trip questions
- 21 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 22 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 23 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 24 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 25 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions