My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 2 Where to from Tampa?
- 3 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 7 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 8 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 9 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 10 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 11 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 12 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 13 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 14 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 15 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 16 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 17 Is the New York subway safe?
- 18 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 19 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 20 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 21 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 22 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 23 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 24 Skiing New Mexico
- 25 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!