My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 2 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 3 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 4 Philadelphia ?
- 5 Tour of the Wester US
- 6 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 10 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 11 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 12 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 13 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 14 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 15 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 16 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 17 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 18 Driving from coastal Maine to St. Gaudens Historical Site, Cornish NH
- 19 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 20 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 21 Hawaii
- 22 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 23 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 24 LV-Zion-Bryce-GC trip: itenerary help
- 25 Convenient Accommodation suggestions