My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 Alaska
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 9 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 16 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 20 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 A day in Dallas
- 25 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!