My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 2 One Night at Logan Airport
- 3 Four days in DC
- 4 Please help with itinerary
- 5 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 8 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Circle Oahu / luau
- 15 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 18 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 19 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 20 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 replica designer handbags
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Cape Cod in early April