My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 san fran sightseeing
- 3 Boston in winter?
- 4 Colorado Skiing
- 5 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 6 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 7 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 8 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 9 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 10 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 11 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 12 charlotte
- 13 American Honeymoon in March
- 14 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 15 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 16 New York City in April
- 17 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 18 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 19 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 20 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 21 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 22 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 23 Baytown, Texas
- 24 Moving from VA to CT
- 25 New Orleans pictures