My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Charleston, SC help
- 4 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 5 middlebury vt snow
- 6 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 7 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 8 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 9 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 10 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 11 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 12 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 13 Deep South sept 2015
- 14 Self guided White House tour
- 15 Northwest USA
- 16 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 19 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 20 Portland, OR hotel question
- 21 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 22 san diego or nearby area
- 23 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 24 Texas
- 25 Los Angeles day trips