My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 2 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 3 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 4 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 7 san diego or nearby area
- 8 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 9 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 10 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 11 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 12 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 13 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 14 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 15 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 16 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 17 Charleston, SC help
- 18 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 19 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 20 middlebury vt snow
- 21 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 22 Miami Marlins
- 23 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 25 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver