My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City - apartment locations
- 2 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 3 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 4 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 5 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 6 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 7 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 8 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 9 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 10 Tudor city -special help/info
- 11 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 12 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 13 Utah 2
- 14 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 15 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 16 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 17 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 18 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 19 must see and do's in Maui?
- 20 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 21 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 22 Boston to see Sargent works
- 23 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 24 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 25 Murray Hill NYC restaurants