My family and I are going to Nags Head in a couple of weeks for a vacation. We are leaving from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Due to morning commitments, we will not be leaving until around 1:00 in the afternoon and will be driving straight through, except for a quick stop for dinner. What would be the best (and quickest) route to take? It looks as though one choice would be to take the turnpike to I-70, then go down toward DC, Richmond, and Virginia Beach into the Outer Banks. The other choice seems to be to take I-77 south to Beckley, then take I-64 east to Virginia Beach then head to the Outer Banks. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. This will be our first trip to the Outer Banks, and are really looking forward to it.
Best route to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 2 Vegas in mid may
- 3 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 4 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 7 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 8 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 9 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 10 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 11 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 12 Maui with tweens/teens - looking for activities
- 13 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 14 from Moab to Bryce
- 15 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 16 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 19 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 20 Hana from the aiport
- 21 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 24 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 25 Big Island touring – clockwise best?