It was my misfortune to have made reservations to rent a mid-sized car from this group, starting on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. When I arrived, mid-afternoon, there were no vehicles available and my name was added to a list of patrons waiting for one. I was particularly concerned because I had a destination several hours away that I wished to reach before sunset. More than an hour later, my name came up and I got whatever car was turned in at that moment. It happened to be a full-sized Nissan and I was promised that I would get it at the price of the mid-sized, plus an additional discount. I made it to my destination, right at 8 p.m., sunset. What I am complaining about is the bare bones operation of Advantage Auto Rental, which I learned from several sources, frequently does not have vehicles available for clients when they arrive and the haphazard management style in which numerous personnel wander in and out, clueless of company policy and procedure. Men and women personnel had to call some superior office to get instructions on how to handle my case (mid-size to full-sized); they didn't get the answers and told me that it would be settled when I returned. When I returned, there was more confusion, but finally I was charged for the cost of the mid-sized car, no additional discount. I was just glad to get out of there. I want to commend one employee, however. That is Rose. She did not have all the answers, but she was helpful and pleasant. ZZ
Advantage Auto Rental, Oakland, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 2 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 3 Four days in DC
- 4 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 7 San Diego to Seattle
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 11 Family road trip Boise -> Grand Canyon. Need suggestions for side trips
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Visit to Florida for Spring Training Baseball
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Staying in Oakland while visiting San Fran?
- 18 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 19 Hudson Valley vs Berkshires - weekend away
- 20 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 21 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 22 Fredericksburg to see the wildflowers and to sample the wine
- 23 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 24 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York