It was my misfortune to have made reservations to rent a mid-sized car from this group, starting on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. When I arrived, mid-afternoon, there were no vehicles available and my name was added to a list of patrons waiting for one. I was particularly concerned because I had a destination several hours away that I wished to reach before sunset. More than an hour later, my name came up and I got whatever car was turned in at that moment. It happened to be a full-sized Nissan and I was promised that I would get it at the price of the mid-sized, plus an additional discount. I made it to my destination, right at 8 p.m., sunset. What I am complaining about is the bare bones operation of Advantage Auto Rental, which I learned from several sources, frequently does not have vehicles available for clients when they arrive and the haphazard management style in which numerous personnel wander in and out, clueless of company policy and procedure. Men and women personnel had to call some superior office to get instructions on how to handle my case (mid-size to full-sized); they didn't get the answers and told me that it would be settled when I returned. When I returned, there was more confusion, but finally I was charged for the cost of the mid-sized car, no additional discount. I was just glad to get out of there. I want to commend one employee, however. That is Rose. She did not have all the answers, but she was helpful and pleasant. ZZ
Advantage Auto Rental, Oakland, CA
View all United States activity »
- 1 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 2 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 3 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Question about Boulder area
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 17 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 18 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 19 Biloxi questions again
- 20 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 21 Madison Square Garden
- 22 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 23 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 24 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013