It was my misfortune to have made reservations to rent a mid-sized car from this group, starting on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. When I arrived, mid-afternoon, there were no vehicles available and my name was added to a list of patrons waiting for one. I was particularly concerned because I had a destination several hours away that I wished to reach before sunset. More than an hour later, my name came up and I got whatever car was turned in at that moment. It happened to be a full-sized Nissan and I was promised that I would get it at the price of the mid-sized, plus an additional discount. I made it to my destination, right at 8 p.m., sunset. What I am complaining about is the bare bones operation of Advantage Auto Rental, which I learned from several sources, frequently does not have vehicles available for clients when they arrive and the haphazard management style in which numerous personnel wander in and out, clueless of company policy and procedure. Men and women personnel had to call some superior office to get instructions on how to handle my case (mid-size to full-sized); they didn't get the answers and told me that it would be settled when I returned. When I returned, there was more confusion, but finally I was charged for the cost of the mid-sized car, no additional discount. I was just glad to get out of there. I want to commend one employee, however. That is Rose. She did not have all the answers, but she was helpful and pleasant. ZZ
Advantage Auto Rental, Oakland, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 2 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 3 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 5 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 6 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 9 rain in Kauai
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Washington, DC to Boston
- 12 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 13 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 14 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 15 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 19 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 20 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 21 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 22 San Diego Trip Report
- 23 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 24 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 25 5 week in US/Mexico