It was my misfortune to have made reservations to rent a mid-sized car from this group, starting on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. When I arrived, mid-afternoon, there were no vehicles available and my name was added to a list of patrons waiting for one. I was particularly concerned because I had a destination several hours away that I wished to reach before sunset. More than an hour later, my name came up and I got whatever car was turned in at that moment. It happened to be a full-sized Nissan and I was promised that I would get it at the price of the mid-sized, plus an additional discount. I made it to my destination, right at 8 p.m., sunset. What I am complaining about is the bare bones operation of Advantage Auto Rental, which I learned from several sources, frequently does not have vehicles available for clients when they arrive and the haphazard management style in which numerous personnel wander in and out, clueless of company policy and procedure. Men and women personnel had to call some superior office to get instructions on how to handle my case (mid-size to full-sized); they didn't get the answers and told me that it would be settled when I returned. When I returned, there was more confusion, but finally I was charged for the cost of the mid-sized car, no additional discount. I was just glad to get out of there. I want to commend one employee, however. That is Rose. She did not have all the answers, but she was helpful and pleasant. ZZ
Advantage Auto Rental, Oakland, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 2 10 day trip to California
- 3 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 4 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 5 Drive along the Columbia River
- 6 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 7 Wine Country Picnic
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 10 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 11 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 12 Boston/Fenway park
- 13 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 14 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 17 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 24 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 25 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC