It was my misfortune to have made reservations to rent a mid-sized car from this group, starting on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. When I arrived, mid-afternoon, there were no vehicles available and my name was added to a list of patrons waiting for one. I was particularly concerned because I had a destination several hours away that I wished to reach before sunset. More than an hour later, my name came up and I got whatever car was turned in at that moment. It happened to be a full-sized Nissan and I was promised that I would get it at the price of the mid-sized, plus an additional discount. I made it to my destination, right at 8 p.m., sunset. What I am complaining about is the bare bones operation of Advantage Auto Rental, which I learned from several sources, frequently does not have vehicles available for clients when they arrive and the haphazard management style in which numerous personnel wander in and out, clueless of company policy and procedure. Men and women personnel had to call some superior office to get instructions on how to handle my case (mid-size to full-sized); they didn't get the answers and told me that it would be settled when I returned. When I returned, there was more confusion, but finally I was charged for the cost of the mid-sized car, no additional discount. I was just glad to get out of there. I want to commend one employee, however. That is Rose. She did not have all the answers, but she was helpful and pleasant. ZZ
Advantage Auto Rental, Oakland, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 5 St. Simon, Georgia
- 6 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 7 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 8 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Christmas in TX
- 11 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 12 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 13 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 14 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 15 Ben Landa
- 16 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 17 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 18 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 19 Tucson area flooding
- 20 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 21 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 23 California
- 24 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 25 San Diego locals-can you advise?