We are a family of 6, 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 kids..Flying into Hartford Oct 17th from the UK, first time visiting the US, picking up a hire car and then I have booked 2 nights at Bridgewater just south east of Boston.
The loose plan is to spend a couple of days exploring the area around Newport, Cape Cod and Plymouth before heading up North on the coast. We have booked 5 nights in Bath, Maine and plan to explore the Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Boothbay, Portland and possibly the White Mountains?
Then back down to Bridgewater for another two nights and plan to get the train into Boston for one of the days. Possibly a whale watching trip tacked on here at the ends as well.
is this plan too ambitious? We want to get a flavour of everything and don't mind driving. As a family of 6, we are on a tight budget and I am keen to include activities that are free or are of minimal cost (excluding the whale watching as a treat!). We enjoy the sea, walking, a bit of history, Architecture.
Any recommendations or advice greatly appreciated as I am a bit overwhelmed by the guidebook as there is so much to see.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Titans vs Colts
- 2 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 JFK to Washington
- 5 Where to live in the North East
- 6 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 7 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 8 Phoenix for the weekend
- 9 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 10 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 11 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 12 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 13 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 14 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 15 Christmas in Colorado
- 16 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 17 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 18 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 19 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 20 Arches NP - Last Week of March or other place
- 21 Girls weekend Fl destination with no hurrucan damage in Feb?
- 22 Boston Custom House timeshare
- 23 4 days in San Francisco
- 24 Black Sand Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 25 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST