I'm currently planning a 3-ish week road trip around the west coast of USA for me and my bf and I would really appreciate any advice you can offer! We plan to go in May next year (2015), hopefully when it's not too hot?
On our road trip we want to visit the main cities and national parks, with enough time for some site seeing and hiking along the way. So far I've come up with a rough plan as follows -
Day 1: Arrive in LA
Day 2: LA
Day 3: Six Flags Theme Park
Day 4: Drive to San Diego
Day 5: San Diego
Day 6: San Diego
Day 7: Drive to Las Vegas
Day 8: Las Vegas
Day 9: Drive to Grand Canyon
Day 10: Grand Canyon
Day 11: Drive to Bryce Canyon
Day 12: Drive to Zion National Park
Day 13: Zion National Park
Day 14: Zion National Park
Day 15: Drive to Lone Pine via Death Valley
Day 16: Drive to Yosemite
Day 17: Yosemite
Day 18: Yosemite
Day 19: Drive to San Francisco
Day 20: San Francisco
Day 21: San Francisco
Day 22: Drive to LA
Day 23: Fly Home
It's not ideal having to drive back to LA at the end, but I think cost of flight/car rental wise it's a good option. Do you think I've tried to fit too much in? Is Monument Valley worth a look or is it too far out of the way? Any must see recommendations?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to Washington DC
- 2 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 3 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 4 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 5 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 6 Acadia National Park
- 7 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 8 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 11 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 From Newark to Manhattan
- 14 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 15 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 16 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 17 Monument Valley
- 18 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 19 driving RT 66
- 20 once in a lifetime
- 21 North California/South Oregon
- 22 Hotels Houston
- 23 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 24 Birthday vacation ideas
- 25 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA