I'm currently planning a 3-ish week road trip around the west coast of USA for me and my bf and I would really appreciate any advice you can offer! We plan to go in May next year (2015), hopefully when it's not too hot?
On our road trip we want to visit the main cities and national parks, with enough time for some site seeing and hiking along the way. So far I've come up with a rough plan as follows -
Day 1: Arrive in LA
Day 2: LA
Day 3: Six Flags Theme Park
Day 4: Drive to San Diego
Day 5: San Diego
Day 6: San Diego
Day 7: Drive to Las Vegas
Day 8: Las Vegas
Day 9: Drive to Grand Canyon
Day 10: Grand Canyon
Day 11: Drive to Bryce Canyon
Day 12: Drive to Zion National Park
Day 13: Zion National Park
Day 14: Zion National Park
Day 15: Drive to Lone Pine via Death Valley
Day 16: Drive to Yosemite
Day 17: Yosemite
Day 18: Yosemite
Day 19: Drive to San Francisco
Day 20: San Francisco
Day 21: San Francisco
Day 22: Drive to LA
Day 23: Fly Home
It's not ideal having to drive back to LA at the end, but I think cost of flight/car rental wise it's a good option. Do you think I've tried to fit too much in? Is Monument Valley worth a look or is it too far out of the way? Any must see recommendations?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 2 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 3 NYC with wheelchair
- 4 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 5 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 6 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 7 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 8 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 9 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 10 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 11 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 12 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 13 Western U.S. Road trip
- 14 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 15 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 16 Martha's Vineyard area
- 17 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 18 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 19 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 20 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 21 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 22 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 23 Returned from Sedona
- 24 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 25 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites