I'm currently planning a 3-ish week road trip around the west coast of USA for me and my bf and I would really appreciate any advice you can offer! We plan to go in May next year (2015), hopefully when it's not too hot?
On our road trip we want to visit the main cities and national parks, with enough time for some site seeing and hiking along the way. So far I've come up with a rough plan as follows -
Day 1: Arrive in LA
Day 2: LA
Day 3: Six Flags Theme Park
Day 4: Drive to San Diego
Day 5: San Diego
Day 6: San Diego
Day 7: Drive to Las Vegas
Day 8: Las Vegas
Day 9: Drive to Grand Canyon
Day 10: Grand Canyon
Day 11: Drive to Bryce Canyon
Day 12: Drive to Zion National Park
Day 13: Zion National Park
Day 14: Zion National Park
Day 15: Drive to Lone Pine via Death Valley
Day 16: Drive to Yosemite
Day 17: Yosemite
Day 18: Yosemite
Day 19: Drive to San Francisco
Day 20: San Francisco
Day 21: San Francisco
Day 22: Drive to LA
Day 23: Fly Home
It's not ideal having to drive back to LA at the end, but I think cost of flight/car rental wise it's a good option. Do you think I've tried to fit too much in? Is Monument Valley worth a look or is it too far out of the way? Any must see recommendations?
Thanks for your help!
3 Week West Coast Road trip -Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 3 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 4 Theater Historians
- 5 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 6 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 7 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 8 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 9 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 10 Getaway
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 13 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 14 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 15 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 16 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 17 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 18 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 19 Boston hotel & transportation
- 20 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 21 NBA tickets??
- 22 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 23 Air Connections on Maui
- 24 hilton capital
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?