I'm currently planning a 3-ish week road trip around the west coast of USA for me and my bf and I would really appreciate any advice you can offer! We plan to go in May next year (2015), hopefully when it's not too hot?
On our road trip we want to visit the main cities and national parks, with enough time for some site seeing and hiking along the way. So far I've come up with a rough plan as follows -
Day 1: Arrive in LA
Day 2: LA
Day 3: Six Flags Theme Park
Day 4: Drive to San Diego
Day 5: San Diego
Day 6: San Diego
Day 7: Drive to Las Vegas
Day 8: Las Vegas
Day 9: Drive to Grand Canyon
Day 10: Grand Canyon
Day 11: Drive to Bryce Canyon
Day 12: Drive to Zion National Park
Day 13: Zion National Park
Day 14: Zion National Park
Day 15: Drive to Lone Pine via Death Valley
Day 16: Drive to Yosemite
Day 17: Yosemite
Day 18: Yosemite
Day 19: Drive to San Francisco
Day 20: San Francisco
Day 21: San Francisco
Day 22: Drive to LA
Day 23: Fly Home
It's not ideal having to drive back to LA at the end, but I think cost of flight/car rental wise it's a good option. Do you think I've tried to fit too much in? Is Monument Valley worth a look or is it too far out of the way? Any must see recommendations?
Thanks for your help!
3 Week West Coast Road trip -Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 2 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 3 Mesa Verde
- 4 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 5 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 6 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 9 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 10 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 11 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 14 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 25 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida