I am planning a trip for September 2014 for 2 weeks, we are a French couple in our 40's. we would like to mix our holidays with some hiking and then some rest /visiting the southern coast of California. We know pretty well Northern California. In France we are based in the French Alps.
I have a main itinerary in mind but would appreciate few pointers to adjust the logistic/itinerary.
First week we would like to concentrate our visit to Zion Park & Bryce, couple of days each to have a fair amount of time for hiking.
Then we would like to drive off from Las Vegas -> Palm springs -> Los Angeles
So first question : I was wondering if I should take a flight from Paris to Las Vegas or Salt lake city ?
Looking at the map if I we start off from Las vegas, we would drive up to Zion and Bryce and go back down by more or less the same route. Would it be more interesting to land in Salt lake and drive down to Zion, Bryce and then to Las vegas etc ...
Secondly : From Las Vegas to Palm Springs which route would you recommend and how much time would you suggest to stay in Palm Springs ?
Thirdly : Once in the L.A region we would like to avoid checking In&out of hotels constantly so which city would be best to use as a base ? We would like to visit the coast up to Santa Barbara and then down to San Diego.
Are we trying to fit too many things or drive too much over two weeks ? I do not want to be rushed.
As for our flight out, what would make more sense, flying out from Los Angeles or San Diego ?
Many thanks in advance for your ideas !
2 weeks trip from Zion to California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 2 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 3 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 4 Two airports to choose from?
- 5 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 layover
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 10 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 11 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 12 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 13 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 14 best area to stay in san diego
- 15 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 16 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 17 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 18 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 19 Road trip itinerary
- 20 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 21 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 22 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 23 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 24 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 25 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC