I am planning a trip for September 2014 for 2 weeks, we are a French couple in our 40's. we would like to mix our holidays with some hiking and then some rest /visiting the southern coast of California. We know pretty well Northern California. In France we are based in the French Alps.
I have a main itinerary in mind but would appreciate few pointers to adjust the logistic/itinerary.
First week we would like to concentrate our visit to Zion Park & Bryce, couple of days each to have a fair amount of time for hiking.
Then we would like to drive off from Las Vegas -> Palm springs -> Los Angeles
So first question : I was wondering if I should take a flight from Paris to Las Vegas or Salt lake city ?
Looking at the map if I we start off from Las vegas, we would drive up to Zion and Bryce and go back down by more or less the same route. Would it be more interesting to land in Salt lake and drive down to Zion, Bryce and then to Las vegas etc ...
Secondly : From Las Vegas to Palm Springs which route would you recommend and how much time would you suggest to stay in Palm Springs ?
Thirdly : Once in the L.A region we would like to avoid checking In&out of hotels constantly so which city would be best to use as a base ? We would like to visit the coast up to Santa Barbara and then down to San Diego.
Are we trying to fit too many things or drive too much over two weeks ? I do not want to be rushed.
As for our flight out, what would make more sense, flying out from Los Angeles or San Diego ?
Many thanks in advance for your ideas !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://advancemenpower.com/apexatropin/
- 2 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 3 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 4 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 5 Bryce and Zion planning
- 6 Country Walkers
- 7 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 8 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 9 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 12 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 13 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 14 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 15 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 16 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 17 Places to stay in Skagway
- 18 Hilo to Kona
- 19 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 20 Maui - luau question
- 21 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 22 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 23 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 24 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 25 I want the ultimate cabin away