My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We are planning to arrive at Boston on 13th morning and will have the 2 full days (13th, 14th) to go around. Based on what I have read online till now - 2 days seem to very little time - but this is all we can do. Maximum, we might be able to take a day off from work but thats it.
Given the above constraint, what places should be try to cover. I have read White Moutains (conway-lincoln) and central-south Vermont (100, Sharon-Benington) may be our best bets during mid-october but I am not sure we can cover so much in 2 days.
Are there other drives that we should consider instead? How should our itinerary look?
Any help in this matter will be very useful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 3 fort lauderdale
- 4 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 5 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 6 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 7 Downtown Chicago
- 8 5 days in Colorado
- 9 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 10 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 11 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 12 First Trip to Texas -
- 13 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 14 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 15 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 16 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 17 Southwest road trip
- 18 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 19 Beaches in Florida
- 20 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 21 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 22 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 25 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
2 days fall foliage trip in and out of Boston - mid October