My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We are planning to arrive at Boston on 13th morning and will have the 2 full days (13th, 14th) to go around. Based on what I have read online till now - 2 days seem to very little time - but this is all we can do. Maximum, we might be able to take a day off from work but thats it.
Given the above constraint, what places should be try to cover. I have read White Moutains (conway-lincoln) and central-south Vermont (100, Sharon-Benington) may be our best bets during mid-october but I am not sure we can cover so much in 2 days.
Are there other drives that we should consider instead? How should our itinerary look?
Any help in this matter will be very useful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 2 Dogs in Taos
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 5 San Antonio, Texas
- 6 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 7 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 8 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 9 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 10 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 11 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 12 Parking in Naples Florida
- 13 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 14 Boston Airport Hotels
- 15 Nashville Never Been
- 16 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Uber boston
- 19 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 20 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 21 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 22 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 23 Colorado Itinerary
- 24 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 25 What is there to do on MAUI
2 days fall foliage trip in and out of Boston - mid October