My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We are planning to arrive at Boston on 13th morning and will have the 2 full days (13th, 14th) to go around. Based on what I have read online till now - 2 days seem to very little time - but this is all we can do. Maximum, we might be able to take a day off from work but thats it.
Given the above constraint, what places should be try to cover. I have read White Moutains (conway-lincoln) and central-south Vermont (100, Sharon-Benington) may be our best bets during mid-october but I am not sure we can cover so much in 2 days.
Are there other drives that we should consider instead? How should our itinerary look?
Any help in this matter will be very useful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September Road Trip in New England
- 2 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 3 NYC with 8 yr old
- 4 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 5 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 6 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 7 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 8 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 9 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 10 Florida Family vacation in California
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 13 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 14 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 15 San Francisco California
- 16 Miami and New Orleans
- 17 Louisville in December
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 20 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 21 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 22 United Nations tours
- 23 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 24 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 25 Yosemite and Sequoia
2 days fall foliage trip in and out of Boston - mid October