My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We are planning to arrive at Boston on 13th morning and will have the 2 full days (13th, 14th) to go around. Based on what I have read online till now - 2 days seem to very little time - but this is all we can do. Maximum, we might be able to take a day off from work but thats it.
Given the above constraint, what places should be try to cover. I have read White Moutains (conway-lincoln) and central-south Vermont (100, Sharon-Benington) may be our best bets during mid-october but I am not sure we can cover so much in 2 days.
Are there other drives that we should consider instead? How should our itinerary look?
Any help in this matter will be very useful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Falcons vs Patriots
- 2 Inn at Key West
- 3 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 4 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 5 Short Notice
- 6 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 7 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 8 Black History Museum
- 9 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 10 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 11 Another Great DC Trip
- 12 Chicago 2017
- 13 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 14 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 15 arizona rte 66
- 16 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 17 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 18 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 19 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 usa roadtrip
- 22 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 23 Where to live in the North East
- 24 Hawaii and...where?
- 25 Short Oregon Trip
2 days fall foliage trip in and out of Boston - mid October