My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We are planning to arrive at Boston on 13th morning and will have the 2 full days (13th, 14th) to go around. Based on what I have read online till now - 2 days seem to very little time - but this is all we can do. Maximum, we might be able to take a day off from work but thats it.
Given the above constraint, what places should be try to cover. I have read White Moutains (conway-lincoln) and central-south Vermont (100, Sharon-Benington) may be our best bets during mid-october but I am not sure we can cover so much in 2 days.
Are there other drives that we should consider instead? How should our itinerary look?
Any help in this matter will be very useful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 2 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 3 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 4 4 Days in Mass.
- 5 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 6 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 7 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 8 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 9 Hawaii with older parents
- 10 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 11 Uber availability on Long Island
- 12 Fort Myers Area
- 13 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 14 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 15 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 16 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 17 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 18 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 19 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 20 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 21 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 22 Fall in Ozarks
- 23 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 24 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 25 driving from Atlanta to Denver
2 days fall foliage trip in and out of Boston - mid October