My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We are planning to arrive at Boston on 13th morning and will have the 2 full days (13th, 14th) to go around. Based on what I have read online till now - 2 days seem to very little time - but this is all we can do. Maximum, we might be able to take a day off from work but thats it.
Given the above constraint, what places should be try to cover. I have read White Moutains (conway-lincoln) and central-south Vermont (100, Sharon-Benington) may be our best bets during mid-october but I am not sure we can cover so much in 2 days.
Are there other drives that we should consider instead? How should our itinerary look?
Any help in this matter will be very useful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 2 How many states have you been to?
- 3 USA, Trip to the south
- 4 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 5 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Honeymoon out west.
- 8 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 9 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 10 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 11 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 12 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 13 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 14 Carmel Monterey
- 15 Big Sure in June
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Santa Fe Itineray
- 18 Roadtrip July 2017
- 19 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 20 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 21 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 22 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
2 days fall foliage trip in and out of Boston - mid October