Thanksgiving cooking is calling so I will keep this brief. We had a great two day visit in Moab. Arrived with unexpected snow so quickly bought more appropriate footwear, then drove out to Arches to get our bearings. Checked into Sunflower Inn B and B which was really great - comfortable, people extremely friendly, nice ambiance, plentiful breakfast. Excellent dinner at Desert Bistro. Second day spent morning hiking Devil's Garden at Arches which was wonderful. Then tried to go to Canyonlands for a quick drive by visit, but realized halfway there we were short on gas, so had to abort which was most sad. but lovely dinner at Jeffrey's steak house and best esspresso at a place I can't remember. The next morning drove out to Dead Horse State Park as consolation prize for missing Canyonlands, but alas, it was so clouded over and into that we could see not a thing...so will have to return when the sun is out. Awful lunch at sliprock cafe and now home to cook Turkey. Thanks all for the advice.
2 Day moab trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 11 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 12 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 13 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 16 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 17 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York