Thanksgiving cooking is calling so I will keep this brief. We had a great two day visit in Moab. Arrived with unexpected snow so quickly bought more appropriate footwear, then drove out to Arches to get our bearings. Checked into Sunflower Inn B and B which was really great - comfortable, people extremely friendly, nice ambiance, plentiful breakfast. Excellent dinner at Desert Bistro. Second day spent morning hiking Devil's Garden at Arches which was wonderful. Then tried to go to Canyonlands for a quick drive by visit, but realized halfway there we were short on gas, so had to abort which was most sad. but lovely dinner at Jeffrey's steak house and best esspresso at a place I can't remember. The next morning drove out to Dead Horse State Park as consolation prize for missing Canyonlands, but alas, it was so clouded over and into that we could see not a thing...so will have to return when the sun is out. Awful lunch at sliprock cafe and now home to cook Turkey. Thanks all for the advice.
2 Day moab trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Coast-California
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 4 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 5 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 6 Self guided White House tour
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 9 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 10 Moving to CT
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 14 Ackislander
- 15 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 16 san diego or nearby area
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal