Thanksgiving cooking is calling so I will keep this brief. We had a great two day visit in Moab. Arrived with unexpected snow so quickly bought more appropriate footwear, then drove out to Arches to get our bearings. Checked into Sunflower Inn B and B which was really great - comfortable, people extremely friendly, nice ambiance, plentiful breakfast. Excellent dinner at Desert Bistro. Second day spent morning hiking Devil's Garden at Arches which was wonderful. Then tried to go to Canyonlands for a quick drive by visit, but realized halfway there we were short on gas, so had to abort which was most sad. but lovely dinner at Jeffrey's steak house and best esspresso at a place I can't remember. The next morning drove out to Dead Horse State Park as consolation prize for missing Canyonlands, but alas, it was so clouded over and into that we could see not a thing...so will have to return when the sun is out. Awful lunch at sliprock cafe and now home to cook Turkey. Thanks all for the advice.
2 Day moab trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!