My husband and I are planning a trip with our adult children, my father and our teen in August. We have 10 days to spend in the Pacific Northwest. We fly into and out of Portland so two of the 10 days are travel days and are limited. My husband has MS and is limited to what he can do physically but enjoys sight seeing, eating good food and touring wineries. My father is also somewhat limited with hiking and biking. I think a couple days in Portland would be sufficient since we aren't big shoppers. I would like to check out the incredible book store. The girls are serious bikers (biked from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington D.C. in 5 days) and we all ski and were curious if it was true that we could ski Mt. Hood in August? None of us have been to the Pacific Northwest and most of us have never been to the west coast. We would like to see Crater Lake, the Redwoods and some other National Park areas. We would like some scenic drives. We have a relative who just located to Seattle that we would like to see as well. We would love to also see a rainforest and some whales but realize we are limited in what we can see and do in the time we have available. Due to the number in our group (6-7) we wanted to rent a home through VRBO but don't know which town to choose that would be centrally located to all of the day trips we would like to participate in. We were leaning towards Bend? Any thoughts?
10 days in the Pacific Northwest
- 1 New York City Parking
- 2 Airport luggage tamparing
- 3 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 4 Minneapolis Hotel
- 5 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 6 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 7 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 8 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 9 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 10 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 11 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 14 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 15 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 16 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 17 Washington Wineries
- 18 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed
- 19 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 20 Luxor Egypt
- 21 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 22 stay near newark or nyc
- 23 Road Trip through the Florida Keys
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013