My husband and I are planning a trip with our adult children, my father and our teen in August. We have 10 days to spend in the Pacific Northwest. We fly into and out of Portland so two of the 10 days are travel days and are limited. My husband has MS and is limited to what he can do physically but enjoys sight seeing, eating good food and touring wineries. My father is also somewhat limited with hiking and biking. I think a couple days in Portland would be sufficient since we aren't big shoppers. I would like to check out the incredible book store. The girls are serious bikers (biked from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington D.C. in 5 days) and we all ski and were curious if it was true that we could ski Mt. Hood in August? None of us have been to the Pacific Northwest and most of us have never been to the west coast. We would like to see Crater Lake, the Redwoods and some other National Park areas. We would like some scenic drives. We have a relative who just located to Seattle that we would like to see as well. We would love to also see a rainforest and some whales but realize we are limited in what we can see and do in the time we have available. Due to the number in our group (6-7) we wanted to rent a home through VRBO but don't know which town to choose that would be centrally located to all of the day trips we would like to participate in. We were leaning towards Bend? Any thoughts?
10 days in the Pacific Northwest
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 2 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 6 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 7 Four days in DC
- 8 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 9 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 10 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 11 3 nights in Nashville
- 12 One Night at Logan Airport
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Please help with itinerary
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 17 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 18 Backpacking in April
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Circle Oahu / luau
- 21 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 24 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 25 Visiting Paso Robles wine country