My husband and I are planning a trip with our adult children, my father and our teen in August. We have 10 days to spend in the Pacific Northwest. We fly into and out of Portland so two of the 10 days are travel days and are limited. My husband has MS and is limited to what he can do physically but enjoys sight seeing, eating good food and touring wineries. My father is also somewhat limited with hiking and biking. I think a couple days in Portland would be sufficient since we aren't big shoppers. I would like to check out the incredible book store. The girls are serious bikers (biked from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington D.C. in 5 days) and we all ski and were curious if it was true that we could ski Mt. Hood in August? None of us have been to the Pacific Northwest and most of us have never been to the west coast. We would like to see Crater Lake, the Redwoods and some other National Park areas. We would like some scenic drives. We have a relative who just located to Seattle that we would like to see as well. We would love to also see a rainforest and some whales but realize we are limited in what we can see and do in the time we have available. Due to the number in our group (6-7) we wanted to rent a home through VRBO but don't know which town to choose that would be centrally located to all of the day trips we would like to participate in. We were leaning towards Bend? Any thoughts?
10 days in the Pacific Northwest
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 3 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice