My husband and I are planning a trip with our adult children, my father and our teen in August. We have 10 days to spend in the Pacific Northwest. We fly into and out of Portland so two of the 10 days are travel days and are limited. My husband has MS and is limited to what he can do physically but enjoys sight seeing, eating good food and touring wineries. My father is also somewhat limited with hiking and biking. I think a couple days in Portland would be sufficient since we aren't big shoppers. I would like to check out the incredible book store. The girls are serious bikers (biked from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington D.C. in 5 days) and we all ski and were curious if it was true that we could ski Mt. Hood in August? None of us have been to the Pacific Northwest and most of us have never been to the west coast. We would like to see Crater Lake, the Redwoods and some other National Park areas. We would like some scenic drives. We have a relative who just located to Seattle that we would like to see as well. We would love to also see a rainforest and some whales but realize we are limited in what we can see and do in the time we have available. Due to the number in our group (6-7) we wanted to rent a home through VRBO but don't know which town to choose that would be centrally located to all of the day trips we would like to participate in. We were leaning towards Bend? Any thoughts?
10 days in the Pacific Northwest
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 2 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 3 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 4 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 5 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 6 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 7 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 8 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 9 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 10 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 13 Cross Country RV Trip
- 14 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 15 Hotels Philly
- 16 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 17 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 18 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 19 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 20 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 21 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 22 California
- 23 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 Accommodation in Los Angeles