I would like to celebrate Christmas/New Years in a foreign location with my entire family consisting of myself, DH, and 3 grown up children in their 20's (and possibly there mates depending on cost and logistics). I envision renting an apartment/house somewhere and would like to create some wonderful memories for all. Preferably the location would not be too cold, would allow lots of alternatives for exploration- either urban or rural and allow all of us time together as well as time to pursue personal interests. 1 of the kids has been to Europe, another to Argentina and the 3rd never outside the US. . We live in California and like the temperate climate. We have been to Hawaii together so that's out. I love the Carribean but am worried that being high season at that time of year might make it too pricey. (although a little voice inside me keeps calling Anguilla) I was thinking about Costa Rica but am concerned that it might be too rainy at that time of year. I've never been to Greece and am wondering if that might be a good match. Am looking for suggestions. Can anyone help?/
Where to Spend Christmas Holiday Vacation with Grown Up family?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 French gastronomy
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 6 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 7 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 8 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 9 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 10 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 11 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 12 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 13 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 14 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 15 Phone service
- 16 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 17 10 Days of travel help!
- 18 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 19 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice