I would like to celebrate Christmas/New Years in a foreign location with my entire family consisting of myself, DH, and 3 grown up children in their 20's (and possibly there mates depending on cost and logistics). I envision renting an apartment/house somewhere and would like to create some wonderful memories for all. Preferably the location would not be too cold, would allow lots of alternatives for exploration- either urban or rural and allow all of us time together as well as time to pursue personal interests. 1 of the kids has been to Europe, another to Argentina and the 3rd never outside the US. . We live in California and like the temperate climate. We have been to Hawaii together so that's out. I love the Carribean but am worried that being high season at that time of year might make it too pricey. (although a little voice inside me keeps calling Anguilla) I was thinking about Costa Rica but am concerned that it might be too rainy at that time of year. I've never been to Greece and am wondering if that might be a good match. Am looking for suggestions. Can anyone help?/
Where to Spend Christmas Holiday Vacation with Grown Up family?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Finding a House Sitter.
- 4 Road Scholar
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Useful travel apps
- 12 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 13 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 14 Base city in England
- 15 Suggestions please
- 16 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 17 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 18 vow renewal
- 19 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 20 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 21 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 24 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 25 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?