I'm tentatively planning a trip to London this summer. I'll be with a group for a week elsewhere in the UK, but once they leave, I'm planning on sticking around on my own for a few days. I've never traveled on my own before, and though I'm not really afraid (I'm pretty familiar with London), I also want to make myself as comfortable as I can in a somewhat new situation. I'm thinking about whether to look for a B&B or a hotel for lodging (I won't be there long enough for a flat, I don't think - probably four nights). Do any "solo travelers" have a preference for one over the other? A B&B seems like it might be a tad safer, just because the owner would know everyone who's supposed to be staying there on a given night, but maybe that's a false or irrelevant assumption. I'd welcome any opinions!
Lodging preference when traveling alone?
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
- 2 Air pollution while in India
- 3 Luggage Tags
- 4 Technology tips, and travel
- 5 Your Best Travel Tips
- 6 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 7 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 8 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 9 Where to go on Christmas?
- 10 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 11 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 12 Which Travel Bag
- 13 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 14 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 15 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 16 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 17 europe In January
- 18 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 19 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 21 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 22 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 23 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 24 Holiday Travel Plans
- 25 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations